Age Application Part 3

mathdad

In 20 years, Topanga will be four times older than she is today. Set up the equation(s) that lead to her current age. DO NOT solve.

Solution:

Let T = Topanga's age today

T + 20 = 4T

Note: I understand that the recently posted age applications are easy but the questions will increase in complexity in a couple of weeks/months from now.

Your work is excellent. And your point is one that too many students miss: By working as carefully on the early, easy problems as you will need to on the hard ones later, you are developing good habits that will be important eventually.

Although your work is perfect (great job!) this problem is not really solvable.

Your work is excellent. And your point is one that too many students miss: By working as carefully on the early, easy problems as you will need to on the hard ones later, you are developing good habits that will be important eventually.

Thank you for the positive words. Let's keep it real. I am never going to teach math or any other subject for a living. I am 54 years old. Nonetheless, if I can learn enough to help others online with homework, this would be my contribution to the world of education and learning. If I could go back to my early twenties, I certainly would aim to teach math for a living but this is unrealistic now.