Algebra 2 Help (please help!!!!) parabola w/ vertex (6,-7) passing thru (7,-5)

smartgirl1

Suppose a parabola has vertex (6, -7) and also passes through the point (7, -5). Write the equation of the parabola in vertex form. Show all work. Don't forget to find "a".

Thanks!!!!!! please show work and i need it ASAP because the homework is due in the morning :)

sorry, my bad, i put the problem up, and i have a whole workesheet. i have the answers, written down, but i just don't know how to do the work. im simply asking for an expalnaation. you dont actually have to solve the problem. :) i just need to know how to do it.

my fault guys

Write the equation of the parabola in vertex form.
Hello smartgirl. Your textbook ought to define vertex form:

y = a(x - h)2 + k

where (h, k) are the coordinates of the vertex point.

They've given us the vertex coordinates, so we can write the vertex form after finding the value of parameter a.

To find the value of parameter a, we write an equation (using the vertex form above) – by substituting the values given for h & k, as well as values for x & y from the other given point. Solve that equation for a.

Please show your efforts or ask specific question, if you would like more help. :)
[imath]\;[/imath]

i have a whole workesheet. i have the answers, written down, but i just don't know how to do the work. im simply asking for an expalnaation..... i just need to know how to do it.
Ah. So you are asking for lessons on this topic, so you can learn the basics and then attempt this exercise.

Unfortunately, it is not reasonably feasible to attempt to provide hours of lesson instruction within this environment. Fortunately, there are loads of lessons available online. Please try starting here.

Once you have studied at least two lessons from the listing, please attempt the exercise. If you are still encountering difficulties, please reply with a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far. Thank you!

Eliz.