Algebra equation

math 2019

Simplify the expressions.

1. (a b2)(a3 b) / (a2 b3) I really don't get it , when we did it at school , please show me the method , thanks.

Simplify the expressions. (a b2)(a3 b) / (a2 b3) I really don't get it , when we did it at school , please show me the method .
It if awfully hard too read this. Here is my guess: \(\displaystyle \frac{(ab^2)(a^3b)}{a^2b^3}\) now apply the rules for exponents.
\(\displaystyle \frac{(ab^2)(a^3b)}{a^2b^3}=\frac{(a^4b^3)}{a^2b^3}=\frac{(a^2)}{1}=a^2\)

Last edited by a moderator:
I often find that it can be very difficult to see small errors in problems when you don't understand how to solve them.

so just to clarify,
[MATH]\displaystyle \frac{(ab^2)(a^3b)}{a^2b^3}=\frac{(a^4b^3)}{a^2b^3}=\frac{(a^2)}{1}=a^2[/MATH]
This is pka's post with the error Jomo talked about corrected.

I often find that it can be very difficult to see small errors in problems when you don't understand how to solve them.

so just to clarify,
[MATH]\displaystyle \frac{(ab^2)(a^2b)}{a^2b^3}=\frac{(a^4b^3)}{a^2b^3}=\frac{(a^2)}{1}=a^2[/MATH]
This is pka's post with the error Jomo talked about corrected.
I have two comments.
1) You did NOT start with the problem you initially posted.
2) Given what you started with you have an error.

One way to never these wrong (other than very careless mistakes) is to expand things. For example, \(\displaystyle a^5 = a\cdot a\cdot a\cdot a\cdot a \)

To simplify \(\displaystyle \frac{a^5b^3}{a^2b^4}=\frac{a\cdot a\cdot a\cdot a\cdot a\cdot b \cdot b\cdot b}{a\cdot a\cdot b \cdot b\cdot b\cdot b}\) just cancel out common variables. Do this enough times and you will start adding and subtracting the exponents

Please try to fix your error and then do the original problem.

Last edited:
I have two comments.
1) You did NOT start with the problem you initially posted.
2) Given what you started with you have an error.

Please try to fix your error and then do the original problem.
Yeah that is quite hilarious. I feel like the best part is that my post gives [MATH]a[/MATH] and not [MATH]a^2[/MATH]I'm guessing there is no way to edit the post and the mod even corrected pka's answer, so feel free to delete these posts when you find them

Yeah that is quite hilarious. I feel like the best part is that my post gives [MATH]a[/MATH] and not [MATH]a^2[/MATH]I'm guessing there is no way to edit the post and the mod even corrected pka's answer, so feel free to delete these posts when you find them
Now do one of the problems and show us your work.