algebraic inequality word problem

sekci

The County Reception Hall charges a rental fee of $1000 and at least $3000 for food. Olivia is planning a class reunion. If she has chosen a buffet that costs $38.56 per person, what is the minium possible number of people who must attend to support the expense?

I got 104 people, but the answer sheet says 52. I don't understand why.

We too can't understand why you got your answer. If you show us your work then we can see if you made a mistake.

Well, I'm glad I had the right thinking then. I copied the problem word for word.....from SAT practice test. It seems there is an error either in the wording of the problem or the answer sheet given.
Thanks for your help!!

Well, I'm glad I had the right thinking then.
No one said that! LCKurtz simply noted that your answer is twice the "given" answer and Jomo asked that you show your work.

I copied the problem word for word.....from SAT practice test. It seems there is an error either in the wording of the problem or the answer sheet given.
Thanks for your help!!

Well, I'm glad I had the right thinking then. I copied the problem word for word.....from SAT practice test. It seems there is an error either in the wording of the problem or the answer sheet given.
Thanks for your help!!
You may have copied word for word, but you certainly did not copy completely because what you quoted has no "answer." It could be supported by one person if that one person were willing to pay $3038.56 for the privilege of eating alone.

You may have copied word for word, but you certainly did not copy completely because what you quoted has no "answer." It could be supported by one person if that one person were willing to pay $3038.56 for the privilege of eating alone.
No - no - minimum charge is $4000!!