Algebraic Topology Problem Help Please

Alexandru

1) Show this deg ( idSn)=1, deg(f)=0 for f constant , f : S n ->Sn

Hello I am in the 2nd year of the master, I have a problem of Algebraic Topology, I have no ideas how to solve it, please if you can help me as I could understand, the subject seems very difficult to me, please

id- identity application

1) Show this deg ( idSn)=1, deg(f)=0 for f constant , f : S n ->Sn

Hello I am in the 2nd year of the master, I have a problem of Algebraic Topology, I have no ideas how to solve it, please if you can help me as I could understand, the subject seems very difficult to me, please

id- identity application
Since you are stuck at the beginning - we will start with confirming definitions.

What is meant by deg(f) = 0 , and​
What is meant by identity application?​

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

I apologize, but only the course was taught and after he gave me this problem I don't know how to solve it if the teacher from the course didn't explain it to us.

By deg is meant the degree of a polynomial f

That word id is called the identity application

I understand but I have no idea I don't know how to do it; I searched the books and the internet and found nothing you can help me with ????

Please answer Professor Khan's question.

Just to let you know, no one here is going to solve your problem for you. This is a math help forum where we expect the student to solve their own problem with hints/suggestions from the helpers on the forum.

but if I didn't understand anything from algebraic topology how to solve the problem, I have no idea, if I saw the solution I would know how to do it please