Algerbra problesm

mbowlin3

(1 pt) We are going to solve for : sqt[t-7] - sqt[t+28]=120
Step 1 is to isolate one square root: =
Step 2, square both sides to get: =
I still have a square root after squaring, Remember !,
which I leave on the right side and take everything else to the left:
=
Caution: the left side is a big "mess" in the above step.
Squaring again: =
So, the only possible root is . It is a(n) root. (Fill in the second blank with REAL or EXTRANEOUS)

next Problem

(1 pt) Solve the equation: x+1/x-1=-6/x+3 + 8/x^2+2x-3
First to clear denominators, multiply both sides by and cancel denominators:
Then get everything to left side: = 0.
Simplify, factor and check solutions:

Last problem:

(1 pt) You drop a rock into a deep well. You can't see the rock's impact at the bottom, but you hear it after 7 seconds. The depth of the well is _________ feet. Ignore air resistance. The time that passes after you drop the rock has two components: the time it takes the rock to reach the bottom of the well, and the time that it takes the sound of the impact to travel back to you. Assume the speed of sound is 1100 feet per second.
Note: After seconds the rock has reached a depth of "d" feet where
Set up and solve a quadratic equation: d=16t^2

mbowlin3 said:
(1 pt) We are going to solve for : sqt[t-7] - sqt[t+28]=120
Step 1 is to isolate one square root: =
Step 2, square both sides to get: =
I still have a square root after squaring, Remember !,
which I leave on the right side and take everything else to the left:
=
Caution: the left side is a big "mess" in the above step.
Squaring again: =
So, the only possible root is . It is a(n) root. (Fill in the second blank with REAL or EXTRANEOUS)

next Problem

(1 pt) Solve the equation: x+1/x-1=-6/x+3 + 8/x^2+2x-3
First to clear denominators, multiply both sides by and cancel denominators:
Then get everything to left side: = 0.
Simplify, factor and check solutions:

Last problem:

(1 pt) You drop a rock into a deep well. You can't see the rock's impact at the bottom, but you hear it after 7 seconds. The depth of the well is _________ feet. Ignore air resistance. The time that passes after you drop the rock has two components: the time it takes the rock to reach the bottom of the well, and the time that it takes the sound of the impact to travel back to you. Assume the speed of sound is 1100 feet per second.
Note: After seconds the rock has reached a depth of "d" feet where
Set up and solve a quadratic equation: d=16t^2

I'm confused! You seem to have been given all of the steps you need to take, but I don't see that you've attempted to follow ANY of those steps!

And what is with the "points" stuff? As in (1 pt).....

If YOU are going to earn points on these problems, then, in my opinion, YOU should do the work required.

I have tried over 20 times on all these problems and i cannot get the correct answer, even going through the steps given. the points are how much each problem is worth
:?:

mbowlin3 said:
I have tried over 20 times on all these problems and i cannot get the correct answer, even going through the steps given. the points are how much each problem is worth
:?:

If you have tried "over 20 times on all these problems," you should certainly have some WORK to show for it.

We can't tell where you are making mistakes if we can't see your work.

And these problems aren't worth ANY points to me....

i did my work on paper, would you like me to scan them into my computer and try to get them on here?

mbowlin3 said:
i did my work on paper, would you like me to scan them into my computer and try to get them on here?

You could do that. Or, you could try typing what you have on your paper here so we can see it.

mbowlin3 said:
it wont scan in and i cant figure out how to type it into the computer

I don't know what to tell you....you managed to type the problems. Typing the work shouldn't be a whole lot different than that. And somewhere on this site (I've forgotten where, but I'm sure someone can tell us!) are some guidelines for typing mathematics.

Good luck!

Are you too lazy to type your work line-by-line ?

I mean, I'm not sure what the issue is, for you.

Also, I do not believe you, when you say that you've made 20 attempts on all of your exercises.