Algorithm to Solve any Trigonometry Problem?

GetThroughDiffEq

Is there any paper on this? I think Trigonometry is way more complicated than it needs to be. I remember I had a math teacher who wouldn't talk at all, just hand out worksheets during class. SOHCAHTOA, doing problems, basically nothing helps. That's because I believe I have a very long term, kinesthetic (with some audio) memory. Basically, once I learn something that's important to me, I never forget it. Based on this, the best way to learn math imo, would be to read aloud an algorithm on a piece of paper everyday. If a computer program can do it, it's possible (perhaps in a reduced version with a few extra steps).

What do you mean by a "Trigonometry problem?" There are, of course, many kinds. You've got things like [math]sin( \pi ) = 0[/math], [math]sin^{-1}(0) = \{ 0, ~ \pi \}[/math], [math]sin( \theta + \phi ) = sin( \theta) ~ cos( \phi ) + sin( \phi) ~ cos( \theta )[/math], identities, just to name a few. All of these will employ some variation of a technique but there are so many different types I don't think you could find a black box.

-Dan

What do you mean by a "Trigonometry problem?" There are, of course, many kinds. You've got things like [math]sin( \pi ) = 0[/math], [math]sin^{-1}(0) = \{ 0, ~ \pi \}[/math], [math]sin( \theta + \phi ) = sin( \theta) ~ cos( \phi ) + sin( \phi) ~ cos( \theta )[/math], identities, just to name a few. All of these will employ some variation of a technique but there are so many different types I don't think you could find a black box.

-Dan

I mean just that: an algorithm to solve any trigonometry problem. I know it's not impossible. A quick and dirty version would be substituting wingdings symbols for your own rules of logic (shortcut). Would still like to see something more elegant presented in a research paper or perhaps a programming language.

If Type A 111.jpg(True) and [Parameters], then etc... | A full page of symbols (even for if).

Basically, need a more elegant representation of logic because the current is too repetitive.

You have to define what you mean by "any trigonometry problem". I imagine you must mean something far more restrictive than what I think of. Would you include, for example, applied spherical trigonometry problems about distances between points on the earth? Or are you thinking, say, only of solving trigonometric equations? Even then, how far would you go in including inverse functions, etc.?

I have no idea what your wingding theory means.