Angle at origin between 3 intersecting planes

Michael S

I'm looking for help calculating the angle created between intersecting lines where 3 planes meet (see attached). I would like a formula for omega, wi

Attachments

• find angle.jpg
    find angle.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 10
I'm looking for help calculating the angle created between intersecting lines where 3 planes meet (see attached). I would like a formula for omega, wi
Doesn't the diagram *give* you the value of [imath]\Omega[/imath]?

Yes, I'm providing that to show what the correct answer is for the given alpha and beta values. Since alpha and beta change, I need a formula to calculate omega in terms of alpha and beta.

Yes, I'm providing that to show what the correct answer is for the given alpha and beta values. Since alpha and beta change, I need a formula to calculate omega in terms of alpha and beta.
The picture has four labelled angles, one of which is [imath]\Omega[/imath]. Which of the remaining three are [imath]\alpha[/imath] and [imath]\beta[/imath]?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far, so the helpers can see where you're having difficulty. Thank you!

Also, some angles are measured between the lines and others between the planes. To avoid unnecessary confusion you might want to be more specific which one is which.

I found this answer on another forum and thought I should post it here. This was very helpful, but was still lacking what I need, so what I'm trying to do may not be possible. The attached is the answer to basically the same question I have, and it also has a good diagram. In my application, I have theta and gamma, and am looking for alpha (according to this diagram). I also have all information associated with triangle OBC. It may be a bit difficult to tell from this diagram, but the third plane is OCD. The lines OA, OB, and AB don't make a plane, they are only there to provide reference for the equations provided. It seems that there would be a way to find beta, given the information I have, but I need help doing that (this is the last piece of info I need to solve for alpha).
example.JPG

Theta isn't shown in the diagram, but it's the angle between OA and OB. Theta is a value I know.

I still find this very confusing. What exactly is given, and what needs to be found? The example you found says
I also have all information associated with triangle OBC.
What information?

I honestly tried to figure out the problem statement from your posts, but I cannot. Maybe someone else will have a better luck, but I'll wait until I see the problem stated clearly with a clear diagram.