Any good Calculus Books you can think of that focus specifically on the issue of integration strategy?

Al-Layth

meaning they focus mainly on techniques of analysing integrands to develop an integration strategy. of course Im aware this is a skill that comes with practise

meaning they focus mainly on techniques of analysing integrands to develop an integration strategy. of course Im aware this is a skill that comes with practise
Hi @Al-Layth,
I'm using Calculus: Early Transcendentals by James Stewart. (Amazon link with a "look inside" preview)
It's a comprehensive calculus textbook that covers single and multivariable functions, limits, derivatives, integrals, techniques of integrations, parametric/polar coordinates, series, vector calculus, up to second-order differential equations. It is a large textbook (1000 pages) that covers the typical Calculus 1,2,3 and advanced calculus at universities in the US.

I believe that they do break the textbook into smaller versions. There's one that focuses on integrals and techniques of integration only, but if you're looking to learn Calculus comprehensively, I'd buy the comprehensive version for cost-effectiveness.
Hope this helps.
:)

Last edited:
If you want to learn integral then you can try the Calculus book by Thomas and Finney (NOT Finney and Thomas!).
You can also look up integral tables and try to derive each one. If you can do that, then you are good at solving integrals. In my prime, I was quite good at integration but not having look at them for years I can solve many integrals but not like when I was a student.

1) I found this tutorials for integration on studypool.
very useful & helped me a lot & I'm sure it will be very useful and helpful for you for other students.

2) I will put the links below (look inside preview) :

studypool.com/documents/7139459/methods-of-integral-calculation-part-1

studypool.com/documents/8135108/methods-of-integral-calculation-part-2-calculus

studypool.com/documents/8135115/methods-of-integral-calculation-part-3-calculus

Good luck & Bye-Bye! [moderator's Note: The web-sites mentioned above, require subscription. We have not vetted these sites - so if you must use these - use these at your own risk.]

Last edited by a moderator: