Any pointers on this?

Mathmasteriw

Hi Everyone,
Stuck again!
Can anybody tell me where i’m going wrong on this please?
Dose any one have an example of a similar question?
Am I on the right track?
Thanks again ?F58F2C97-4629-4927-9164-D0EF94FDDD1D.jpeg

Hi Everyone,
Stuck again!
Can anybody tell me where i’m going wrong on this please?
Dose any one have an example of a similar question?
Am I on the right track?
Thanks again ?View attachment 24484
Please show the problem as given to you.

I don't think that should be an indefinite integral!

Also, in your work, you shouldn't use arrows to hide what is really happening. You are taking an integral, so show that. And don't stick an integral in at the end; why do you think it belongs there? In general, if you are more careful with notation, you will be less likely to make mistakes.

In addition to not using arrows you should use equal signs. If one line equal the next line then say so!!!!!

Does my answer need simplifying more do you think?
Did you consider my initial comments on the work? Do you think your final answer should have an integral sign in it?

I still think that the problem can't be exactly as you copied it; I hoped to see an image of the actual problem. If it was an indefinite integral as you show, then the C you included was necessary, but you just dropped it.

I believe it should be \(i_L=\frac{1}{L}\int_0^T \cos(100t)dt\); then your work will be largely correct. But you need to finish evaluating it as a single number. And don't miss the fact that L should be in H, not mH, so your 1/10 may not be right ...

Here we go guys and gals..
This is what I have now, how dose does this look?
Thanks all for the advice and guidance!
DE727777-9F22-4FA3-B804-229FA97EBFCA.jpeg893F527E-C882-4227-9E77-6AD9E1E7A99C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
A numerical answer with an unknown constant in it is useless!

Use the definite integral I showed. The problem is just wrong, unless perhaps they have stated some convention elsewhere that lets them ignore limits of integration. Clearly it is not a math book.

Then, how can a current be in ohms?

A numerical answer with an unknown constant in it is useless!

Use the definite integral I showed. The problem is just wrong, unless perhaps they have stated some convention elsewhere that lets them ignore limits of integration. Clearly it is not a math book.

Then, how can a current be in ohms?

Of course, current should be in amps, wps!
Hmm I am unsure how to go about getting this correct :unsure:o_O
thanks Doc

Of course, current should be in amps, wps!
Hmm I am unsure how to go about getting this correct :unsure:o_O
thanks Doc
Try doing what I suggested: in the problem, write in limits of integration as 0 and 0.9, and carry that out.

Your work is all essentially correct, except for the issues I mentioned.