Anyone know Liner programming models

hightechhippie

Hello Forum,

I have a liner programming problem I need help on, any assistance would be great, Its kind long but i don't think its actually that complex.

Dave is a senior at a university and is looking at different ways to finance his final year at school.
Dave is considering leasing a food booth outside the university football stadium.
• he has to pay 1000 dollars a game for the booth
• They can sell food or drinks in the booth but not both
• Food sells best an hour before the game and at halftime.
• he must prepare the food ahead of time and a warming over is 600 dollars to be leased for the six home games.
• The over has 16 shelves and each is 4 X 3 feet.
• he plans to sell 3 food items. Pizza, hot dogs and BBQ sandwiches.
Dave plans to get pizza from a local pizza shop- they will deliver pizzas twice during the game, each pizza cost 6 dollars and has 8 slices so ( 6/8) = .75
• Pizza cost $0.75
• Hot dogs cost 45 cents
• BBQ sandwiches cost .90 cents
Hot dogs take 16 square inches
BBQ sandwiches take up 25 square inches
Hot dogs and pizza sell for 1.50 a piece
BBQ sandwiches will sell for 2.25 dollars
Dave has 1500 dollars in cash to purchase and prepare food for the first game
The food for the next five games will be bought from profits for the sales of the first game
Dave will likely sell twice the number of pizza slices as hot dogs and BBQ’s
Dave believes if she can make 1000 dollars profit, after expenses Dave thinks it will be worth renting the booth
Formulate a liner programming model that will help Dave determine if he should lease the booth
If he borrowed money for the first game to buy more ingredients could he make more Profit? If so , how much should he borrow and how much profit will he make? What Dave seems to be bashing his analysis on is the assumption that everything will go as planned. What are some of the unseen factors in the analysis that could go wrong in questions (a-c) What do you recommend for Dave to do?

You do have to set it up. It can be a little tedious. You must get started.

What are your constraints? Must they be positive?
What is your objective? What is your objective function?