Arc start and end points

Bigmank2000

Hello Everyone,

I am running into a problem with locating where an arc will end. I have attached a picture and labeled what I know and don't know. I just need to know how to calculate these numbers. Thanks in advance.

Kylemath issues.JPG

Hello Everyone,

I am running into a problem with locating where an arc will end. I have attached a picture and labeled what I know and don't know. I just need to know how to calculate these numbers. Thanks in advance.

Kyle
attachment.php

attachment.php

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting

Subhotosh Khan,

Sorry about not showing my work, I am working in AutoCad and have the image drawn. I need to make this parametric; controllable through specific prompts. What I started with was by subtracting my overall depth, 19.875, by the finished depth of 11. That got me a difference of 8.875 for the one leg of my triangle. Next I took my overall height, 30, and subtracted the top height, 14.25, and the bottom height, 4, which gave me 11.75. Using SohCahToa, I came up with the angle shown. I think that was how I came up with it anyway. The 1" radius is a constant with user control so we can work this as a set number. I have calculated the bulge of the curve to be -0.16314903. The formula I used is: TAN((37.064450/4)*-1*PI()/180). That is where I am at right now. Attached is a picture of the overall piece.
attachment.php

Attachments

• math issues 2.JPG
    math issues 2.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 5