Are there any tests besides IQ that I could use to determine whether I would be successful in a particular University math course?

GetThroughDiffEq

So, I'm like 1/4 through this Pre-Calculus book and it's not that I can't get it eventually, but that I have no interest in it. I basically have to force myself to do problems.

I've never had and official IQ test, but I suspect it to be somewhere between 130-160; my Dad had an official IQ of 145.

That being said, the more I read about IQ and math ability, the more I get discouraged. High level mathematical ability seems to be associated with visualization, something I obviously lack, but make up for in the Verbal/Physical/Memory (facts).

I get that some people will just get nearly anything especially math and can use IQ as a good indicator. I'm just a slow learner. I also have ASD.

So, I'm like 1/4 through this Pre-Calculus book and it's not that I can't get it eventually, but that I have no interest in it. I basically have to force myself to do problems. I've never had and official IQ test, but I suspect it to be somewhere between 130-160; my Dad had an official IQ of 145.
That being said, the more I read about IQ and math ability, the more I get discouraged. High level mathematical ability seems to be associated with visualization, something I obviously lack, but make up for in the Verbal/Physical/Memory (facts). I get that some people will just get nearly anything especially math and can use IQ as a good indicator. I'm just a slow learner. I also have ASD.
Having worked with regional accreditation, I can say that a lot schools in our area have had success with this group of tests.

I don't think that IQ really has anything to do with it. My impression is that interest and time spent gives better results. Now a high IQ might shorten the time to learn things but I feel that anyone can get there.

-Dan

I greatly doubt that IQ is a good indicator.

First, it measures a fairly broad range of intellectual abilities, not a specific intellectual aptitude. The two are correlated, but not identical.

Second, topics like pre-calculus seem to me to be rather jejune. Calculus is interesting if you are interested in the types of problems that it will help you solve. If those types of problems do not interest you, then it will be hard to motivate yourself to learn the mechanics.