Area and Volume questions!

dgill27

I really need help with this stuff :( Any little bit you can help with is much appreciated!
I'm in a high school completion class and it's been 2 years since I looked at this stuff, PLEASE HELP ME! :(

1. A cylinder and a prism have equal base areas and heights. What is the ratio of the volume of the cylinder to the volume of the prism?
A) 1:2
B) 3:1
C) 1:3
D) 1:1

2. The slope of line a is 3/4. What is the slope of a line parallel to a?
A) 3/4
B) -3/4
C) 4/34
D) -4/3

3. If the perimeter of a regular octagon is 8z-16, how long is each side?
A) z-8
B) z-2
C) 64z-128
D) None of the above

4. the octagon below has an apothem of 8 cm and a perimeter of 52 cm the area of the circle, in a square centimeters, is closest to
A) 200
B) 208
C) 225
D) 295

5. given the measurments below, what is the area of the shaded sector in square meters?
A= 369 m ^2
(circle with obtuse angle measure 120 degrees)
A) 45
B) 92
C) 123
D) 250

6. what is the surface area of a sphere with a radius of 7 inches?

7. what is the total area, in m^2, of a pyramid with a base area of 6m^2, a perimeter of 8m^2 and a slant height of 7m?
A) 62
B) 53
C) 47
D) 34

8. the circle below has a radius of 1.2 mm. what is the area of this circle in square millimeters? round your answer to the nearest length pi = 3.14
A) 1.4
B) 5.2
C) 3.1
D) 4.5

9. in the trapezoid shown AB=9, BC=17, CD=7, and DA=13. what is the area of the trapezoid
A) 103 square units
B) 104 square units
C) 105 square units
D) 106 square units

10. the area of the lateral surface of a prism, cyclinder, pyramid, or cone is called?

11. the diameter of the circle below is 24 cm. what is the length, in centimeters, of the radius of this circle?
A) 12
B) 15
C) 20
D) 24

12. what is area of right triangle ABC (base) AB= 7. (height)CA = 4.
A) 2 sqrt 7 square units
B) 4 sqrt 7 square units
C) 14 square units
D) 28 square units

13. what is the volume, in cm^3, of a rectangular prism with a length of 14 cm, width of 5 cm, and height of 2 cm?
A) 140
B) 70
C) 90
D) 40

I really need help with this stuff :( Any little bit you can help with is much appreciated!
I'm in a high school completion class and it's been 2 years since I looked at this stuff, PLEASE HELP ME! :(

1. A cylinder and a prism have equal base areas and heights. What is the ratio of the volume of the cylinder to the volume of the prism?
A) 1:2
B) 3:1
C) 1:3
D) 1:1

2. The slope of line a is 3/4. What is the slope of a line parallel to a?
A) 3/4
B) -3/4
C) 4/34
D) -4/3

3. If the perimeter of a regular octagon is 8z-16, how long is each side?
A) z-8
B) z-2
C) 64z-128
D) None of the above

4. the octagon below has an apothem of 8 cm and a perimeter of 52 cm the area of the circle, in a square centimeters, is closest to
A) 200
B) 208
C) 225
D) 295

5. given the measurments below, what is the area of the shaded sector in square meters?
A= 369 m ^2
(circle with obtuse angle measure 120 degrees)
A) 45
B) 92
C) 123
D) 250

6. what is the surface area of a sphere with a radius of 7 inches?

7. what is the total area, in m^2, of a pyramid with a base area of 6m^2, a perimeter of 8m^2 and a slant height of 7m?
A) 62
B) 53
C) 47
D) 34

8. the circle below has a radius of 1.2 mm. what is the area of this circle in square millimeters? round your answer to the nearest length pi = 3.14
A) 1.4
B) 5.2
C) 3.1
D) 4.5

9. in the trapezoid shown AB=9, BC=17, CD=7, and DA=13. what is the area of the trapezoid
A) 103 square units
B) 104 square units
C) 105 square units
D) 106 square units

10. the area of the lateral surface of a prism, cyclinder, pyramid, or cone is called?

11. the diameter of the circle below is 24 cm. what is the length, in centimeters, of the radius of this circle?
A) 12
B) 15
C) 20
D) 24

12. what is area of right triangle ABC (base) AB= 7. (height)CA = 4.
A) 2 sqrt 7 square units
B) 4 sqrt 7 square units
C) 14 square units
D) 28 square units

13. what is the volume, in cm^3, of a rectangular prism with a length of 14 cm, width of 5 cm, and height of 2 cm?
A) 140
B) 70
C) 90
D) 40

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

Does your high-school-completion class not cover this material? Is there a teacher?

We cannot on this bulletin board teach a math course to cover all of the concepts required for these exercises -- especially in the absence of any questions of your own about these exercises. (There are other web sites for teaching algebra, like purplemath.com). Hence, you first need to begin a course of study that covers this material. Only then will you be in a position to ask specific questions about individual words, statements, examples or concepts that you do not understand from your course materials, lectures, and homework.

If you have actually studied the material and yet remain confused about all of these, then you probably need intensive sessions with a qualified face-to-face tutor.

sorry

I have two 4 hr classes left or I'm SOL until next year and I want my diploma now. Yes, there is a lesson course that takes 40 hrs to complete. Unless I test out, by answering these correctly. And yes, there is a teacher who is an idiot who has never even heard of a parabola. I just want to test out of this class and move on with my life.

there is a lesson course that takes 40 hrs to complete. Unless I test out, by answering these correctly.

Ah -- now I understand your strategy. But, the purpose of the test-out exam is to determine whether you have already learned the material sufficient to graduate. You have not yet learned the material; hence, the test-out option is not a valid approach for you to take.

If you are not willing to try, then simply walk away from getting a diploma and "get on with" your life. If, instead, you desire the future benefits that come from earning a diploma, you must first earn the diploma because the majority of people who cheat the academic system contribute little to community or society.

We are still willing to help you, if you begin a course of study and start asking specific questions about what confuses you, but also please consider my suggestion for a face-to-face tutor. (If you post specific questions, please start a new thread for each exercise or topic of discussion.)

Cheers ~ Mark :cool: