Area Function Help

dxs

So wants to build a rectangular area in their back yard divided into three fenced off areas, as shown below. If the family uses 60 ft of fencing, find the dimensions that will maximize the enclosed area. How would I go about doing this?
1594604633757.png

So wants to build a rectangular area in their back yard divided into three fenced off areas, as shown below. If the family uses 60 ft of fencing, find the dimensions that will maximize the enclosed area. How would I go about doing this?
View attachment 20402
Please post the EXACT problem (verbatim) as it was given to you (a photocopy of the original would be best).

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.​
Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:​
Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.​

View attachment 20402
I would start by defining a variable or two; they might be the length and width of any one of the three sections. (I'm assuming that they are all the same width, but that should have been stated in the problem rather than guessed from a picture.) Write an equation that states that the total length of fencing is 60 ft (this is called a constraint), and a function representing the enclosed area.

Then follow standard techniques for maximizing the function.

Please show your work as far as you get, so we can see where you need help.