Area of a polygon

Hi AP. What kind of help do you need? You're familiar with the Pythagorean Theorem, yes? Point X is at the center of the square, so the distance from X to each corner is the same. In other words, the two legs of right triangle BXC are the same length. Can you begin with that?

:)

The area in Blue is 5/4 of the area of the square, which is 4x4=16. The answer is 20

The area in Blue is 5/4 of the area of the square, which is 4x4=16. The answer is 20

It was the next day after the OP posted the problem when you posted the solution.
The OP stated he/she needed "some help..." Otis had the second post with the
prompts/guidance to the OP. You posted the solution without giving a chance
for the OP to post any of his/her work.

If you had posted the following as a help instead, stopped, and then waited for
the OP to post something in response, then it would have been in keeping in line
with the usual helps:

"Can you see the area in Blue is 5/4 of the area of the square?"

I wanted the OP to think about how I got 5/4. I actually considered if I was giving too much away but did so anyways. It was like a hint in mu opinion.

I guess I was wrong!
There's currently no way to know, Jomo.

I wanted the OP to think about how I got 5/4.
In some cases, providing an answer up front invites a reader to not think about hint(s).

I felt the answer, 20, was useless unless [they] understood the 5/4
Let's say the OP did come to understand your hint. At that point, what would be the use of having the number 20?

?

PS: Removing information that I feel is useless is one of the main reasons that I regularly revisit my posts (to review/update the wording)!

8-)