Assign percentages to 12 items so, top to bottom, they add to 100%

Redshift16

I'm not sure if I'm in the right room but this one might be easy. I attached a file.

There should be a formula; that I would love to know.

Please help! lol

Attachments

• math.png
    math.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if I'm in the right room but this one might be easy. I attached a file. Please help! lol
You are going to have to give us more information about what you need to do. You can literally just assign any numbers to this that you like, so long as they add up to 100.

-Dan

I would likely look at what the average percentage needs to be, and start 6 numbers above that, and decrease by 1 and see where that gets me...

I'm not sure if I'm in the right room but this one might be easy. I attached a file. Please help! lol
You could just list any 12 numbers in decreasing order, and then find what percent each is of the total. (Some rounding and maybe an adjustment would be needed.)

There are many other ways you could do it; there is no formula, and not even one procedure. In fact, this may be a sort of personality test, showing what part of the problem grabs our attention. (For me, it seems to be randomness; for Mark, orderliness.)

I also thought about employing:

\(\displaystyle \sum_{n=1}^{\infty}\left(2^{-n}\right)=1\)

With some rounding.