at what local time can she call Kirby?

Subhotosh,
I think that you need to take a little break today as you seem to be a little off. Why not let the younger helpers help out today?

Whats wrong with my analysis at # 11?. You concluded it was good.

I'm not sure what you are really saying. I did conclude that your post #11 was fine so why ask me what is wrong with it?
What is the next step in the solution. I offered one and you have not confirmed or denied it.

At # 13 i gave an answer. You didn't tell me if it is correct or not and if it is not you have not provided the next hint. Isn't this the way the forum works?.if itv s so lets stick to it. Lets not drag this.

At # 13 i gave an answer. You didn't tell me if it is correct or not and if it is not you have not provided the next hint. Isn't this the way the forum works?.if itv s so lets stick to it. Lets not drag this.
You have a point. I feel that your answer is correct. Good job.

I would recommend that you practice adding hours to various times. Since 7+4=11, then 7.45 + 4 hours will be 11.45.

Why should the problem say what time it is on her watch? You the student have to figure out some things on your own. What if she adjusted her watch just before she got off the plane so her watch matches the time in the city which she is in. The time on her watch is meaningless. The time in the city she started out in and the time in the city which she is now in is all that matters.
Yes, i like that. It is true

You have a point. I feel that your answer is correct. Good job.

I would recommend that you practice adding hours to various times. Since 7+4=11, then 7.45 + 4 hours will be 11.45.
Beggars can't be choosers but if you would all stick to clear well defined hints the student will understand better and the thread time will be shortened considerably. I appreciate your help and the forum. I would also recommend that you pick up a thread, just one tutor, only one, and take it to the finish line. Just one tutor. It makes for clarity of ideas and procedure. Jomo says one thing, Dr peterson says another , doc khan says something else, another drops a joke, phew, it is crazy at times and difficult to follow. Tutors need a little bit of pedagogy. I suggest you read up a little bit on teaching strategies. I stay in awe of you deep knowledge but i think with all due respect you lack on a teaching method. That would make the forum expérience even greater.

Last edited:
4 hours after 7.45 is 11.45 so how can 4 1/2 hours after 7.45 be 10.15? That makes no sense at all.
Yes, you're right and i rectified it at #11 but sometimes you all do not follow.

Beggars can't be choosers but if you would all stick to clear well defined hints the student will understand better and the thread time will be shortened considerably. I appreciate your help and the forum. I would also recommend that you pick up a thread, just one tutor, only one, and take it to the finish line. Just one tutor. It makes for clarity of ideas and procedure. Jomo says one thing, Dr peterson says another , doc khan says something else, another drops a joke, phew, it is crazy at times and difficult to follow. Tutors need a little bit of pedagogy. I suggest you read up a little bit on teaching strategies. I stay in awe of you deep knowledge but i think with all due respect you lack on a teaching method. That would make the forum expérience even greater.
I can assure you that both Dr Peterson and Dr Khan are amazing teachers. That is one thing that I am sure of. As far as your other points, well that is how this forum seems to be running for many years without a real problem. One reason only one tutor does not deal with a particular student is that we are all volunteers and come and go from this site as we please. It is possible that the tutor assigned to your post isn't seen for two weeks. I am sure that would get students upset.

I can assure you that both Dr Peterson and Dr Khan are amazing teachers. That is one thing that I am sure of. As far as your other points, well that is how this forum seems to be running for many years without a real problem. One reason only one tutor does not deal with a particular student is that we are all volunteers and come and go from this site as we please. It is possible that the tutor assigned to your post isn't seen for two weeks. I am sure that would get students upset.
Thanks for replying. My main point is: be as clear as possible with the hints and follow up on answers, doubts or on a "i am stuck here, what to do next". That will do it.

Thanks for replying. My main point is: be as clear as possible with the hints and follow up on answers, doubts or on a "i am stuck here, what to do next". That will do it.
I thought that once you understood the problem and got the answer that it was clear that you had it right, especially when you challenged Dr Khan. I do usually tell a poster that they got the right answer, just not in your case. Sorry.

I thought that once you understood the problem and got the answer that it was clear that you had it right, especially when you challenged Dr Khan. I do usually tell a poster that they got the right answer, just not in your case. Sorry.
No problem, prof. I am all in your debt and so thankful. I just want to learn and go thru problems as fast as possible. If I'm here is because math does not come easy to me. Thanks a lot.

Hi, dear professors: I am attaching the problem. I cant begin to make any sense if this. Any hint will be appreciated.
Eddy
Let us assume, Kirby and Kaitlin lives in town B, and Kaitlyn flies to town A with a watch (it shows time in town B - where Kirby is).

We have shown that this watch is 2 hrs. ahead compared to local time at town A.

So when the watch shows 5 PM, the local time at town A is 3 PM (time to call).

Let us assume, Kirby and Kaitlin lives in town B, and Kaitlyn flies to town A with a watch (it shows time in town B - where Kirby is).

We have shown that this watch is 2 hrs. ahead compared to local time at town A.

So when the watch shows 5 PM, the local time at town A is 3 PM (time to call).
Thanks a lot, doc. I think i had already gotten to the same solution back at #11 and #13.