Average Q1

Saumyojit

The average salary per head of all the workers in a company is 95. The average salary of 15 officers is 525 and the average salary per head of the workers is 85. Find the total number of workers in the workshop.

Assume officers are not part of workers .

No of Rest workers = Total man power - [ Workers + Officers ]

W1 means salary of person 1 and so on...

Avg salary of n workers per head

( W1 + ......+ Wn ) / n = 95 ----(i)

Avg salary of 15 officers per head

( O1 + ...... + O 15 ) / 15 = 525 ----(ii)

Avg salary of rest workers per head

( r 1 + ...... + rTotal man power - [ Workers + Officers ] ) / ( Total man power - [ Workers + Officers ] ) = 85 ----(iii)

Right ?

The average salary per head of all the workers in a company is 95. The average salary of 15 officers is 525 and the average salary per head of the workers is 85. Find the total number of workers in the workshop.

Assume officers are not part of workers .

No of Rest workers = Total man power - [ Workers + Officers ]

W1 means salary of person 1 and so on...

Avg salary of n workers per head

( W1 + ......+ Wn ) / n = 95 ----(i)

Avg salary of 15 officers per head

( O1 + ...... + O 15 ) / 15 = 525 ----(ii)

Avg salary of rest workers per head

( r 1 + ...... + rTotal man power - [ Workers + Officers ] ) / ( Total man power - [ Workers + Officers ] ) = 85 ----(iii)

Right ?
Same question as with several previous problems - you have 3 equations. How many variables do you have? Looks like more than n + 15. Do you think 3 equations would be enough to find all the variables?

Note that the the blue and red parts in the problem statement are contradictory:
"The average salary per head of all the workers in a company is 95. The average salary of 15 officers is 525 and the average salary per head of the workers is 85. Find the total number of workers in the workshop."
Is this a translation? Maybe "all workers" should be employees instead, which consist of workers and officers.

Maybe "all workers" should be employees instead, which consist of workers and officers.
Sorry.

The average salary per head of all the workers in a company is Rs 95 . The average salary of 15 officers is Rs 525 and the average salary per head of the rest is Rs 85 . Find the total number of workers in the workshop .

What number or numbers are you asked to find?

What variable name or names have you assigned?

Sorry.

The average salary per head of all the workers in a company is Rs 95 . The average salary of 15 officers is Rs 525 and the average salary per head of the rest is Rs 85 . Find the total number of workers in the workshop .
Why do you make things so complicated?!!

Find the total number of workers in the workshop → N

So amount of money spent on wages or salary = N * 95

Then

15 * 525 + (N - 15) * 85 = N * 95

15 * 440 = N * 10

N = 660..................................................... total number of workers in the workshop (excluding officers) ...................................... edited

check

15 * 525 + (660 - 15) * 85 = 62700 = 660 * 95 ........................checked

Last edited by a moderator:
What number or numbers are you asked to find?

I have to find " n " . Find out Only the workers which i think does not include officers and rest .

n = no of workers
Total represents the no of people working in company .

No of Rest workers = Total man power - [ n + 15]

Why do you make things so complicated?!!

15 * 525 + ( 660 - 15 ) * 85 = 62700 = 660 * 95 ........................checked
The average salary per head of all the workers = 95n

I read the question and the flow from first line to second line of question indicates that officers are part of worker and rest means N - 15 .
so easy!

You were told that the average salary of all workers is 95. Now if it is also, as you claim, 95n, then clearly 95 = 95n. So n=1

My advice would be to never go against what is given!

I read the question and the flow from first line to second line of question indicates that officers are part of worker and rest means N - 15 .
so easy!
The total sum not AVG of salary per head of all the workers = 95n