Average waiting time of being matched as a function of my bid

tdemunck

Hello everyone,

I've been struggling with that problem for a long time now and I would really appreciate any help/suggestions. This problem looks far from being trivial. So see it as the challenge of your day.

My problem is as follows:

I am a bidder with a bid x on a trading market and hope being matched with a seller that is willing to accept my bid. I would like to derive my expected waiting time before obtaining a seller as a function of this bid x.

I know that:

Over time, other bidders arrive on the market following a Poisson process at rate lambda_b and post a random bid price drawn from a uniform distribution [0,1].
Similarly, sellers arrive on the market following a Poisson process at rate lambda_s at rate lambda_s and post a random sell price drawn from a uniform distribution [0,1].

Note that a seller will accept to sell if the price is equal or higher than its sell price. Oppositely, a bidder will also accept to buy if the price is equal or lower than its bid price.
At the time of my match, I know that:
No bidder has a higher bid price than me (otherwise he would get the match), there is at least one seller that is willing to sell me the product for my price.