Avg q3

i will make it easy for you .

only read #1 ( the question only) , #15 (only pic) , #20 .

Then proceed

@Jomo @pka @JeffM

a. In class A score range is 18-22
b. In class B score range is 23-31

We have 5 students going from A to B and 5 from B to A. The question is what happens to B average? Correct?

Let's name the 5 students leaving and joining class B: Old1, ..., Old5 and New1, ..., New5.

What can we say about the comparison of these 5 pairs of scores? OldN <, >, =, NewN?

we don't know the exact scores only .

Please see what I have done in #20.
No, I don't want to see #20.

You are right, we don't know exact scores. I highlighted the ranges - do you think I did it because I like bolding and adding colors to random parts of my posts?

No, I don't want to see #20.

You are right, we don't know exact scores. I highlighted the ranges - do you think I did it because I like bolding and adding colors to random parts of my posts?
I don't want to see #20. but Why? That is what I wanted to know

So i will do hit and trial with what score within that range ?

I don't want to see #20. but Why? That is what I wanted to know

So i will do hit and trial with what score within that range ?
Because I don't understand what you are doing in #20. What trials? You don't need any trials to answer the question.

Pick any random student from A. Pick another from B. Look at the highlighted ranges. Now answer the question: which of the 2 students has higher score?

anyone from B whose score is > than 22 will have a higher score than one from class A .
B's individual student score is always greater than A.

that means sum of marks of B is always higher than A.

Now what ?

So, all 5 new students have lower scores than the old students. What happens to the average?
see #20 . I took two cases to see how's B average is changing at last ; one taking the highest score of both the classes and in 2nd case lowest of both the classes .

Last edited:
see #20 . I took two cases to see how's B average is changing at last ; one taking the highest score of both the classes and in 2nd case lowest of both the classes .
Don't care about cases. What happens to B average?

Don't care about cases. What happens to B average?
When 5 students each with highest score of 22 has transferred from class A and When 5 new students are transferred from B to A with high score of 31 of Class b THEN,

Average of B will decrease when avg of class A decreases But B's average increases from previous after second operation and then A's average decreases.

When lowest score of Transferred class is Taken i.e 23 of B and 18 of A THEN ,

A's avg increases then B's avg decreases .
B's average increases from previous then after second operation A's average increases from previous