Been stuck on this lesson two weeks

lovelydenise

two less than four times a number is equal to 22 more than seven times the number. what is the number

If 2 is subtracted from a number and this difference is tripled, the result is 12 more than the number

two minor league baseball players got a total of 324 hits. Washington has 14 more hits than Sanchez. Find the number of hits for each player

In a recent year, person A and person B had two concert tours, and together they generated $194.4 million in ticket sales. If person B took in $228 million less than person A, how many millions of dollars did each tour generate?
The tour of person A generated $ million in ticket sales

The value of an uncirculated “Mint State-65” 1950 Jefferson nickel minted in Denver 5/4 the value a 1945 ni Mel minted in Philadelphia in similar condition. Together her the total value of the two coins in $63. What is the value of each coin? What is the value of the 1945 nickel?

A boy purchased (brought) a party-length sandwich 63 in. long. He wants to cut into three pieces so that the middle piece is 6 in. Longer than the shortest piece and the shortest piece is 9 in. Shorter than the longest piece. How many long should the three pieces be? The shortest piece has a length of __ in.

The numbers on two consecutively numbered time lockers have a sum of 129. What are the locker numbers? The locker numbers are?

The sum of the page numbers on the faxing pages of a book is 77. What are the page numbers? The number on the left page is __ and the hunger on the right page is __

Find two consecutive even integers such that the smaller added to theee times the larger gives a sum of 30. The numbers are __

Find two consecutive odd interferes such that 107 more than the lesser is six times the greater. The lesser consecutive odd integer is __, and the greater consecutive odd integer is __

The measure of the angle’s supplement is 60 more than four times that of its complement. Find the measure of the angle destroyed. The measure of the angle is __

Find the measure of an angle such that the difference between the measures of its supplement and six times its complement is 50. The measure of the angle is __

In order to help you, we need to know where you need help. Just giving us a list of 12 problems with no work shown doesn't work.

Please read and follow our guidelines for questions:

So, you have no idea how to write an equation? Let's try the first one:
two less than four times a number is equal to 22 more than seven times the number. what is the number
First, we pick a name for the variable; you might use n for number or x for unknown, or whatever you like. I'll use

x = the number​

Now, what I like to do is to rewrite the sentence, making it just a little more mathematical:

2 less than 4 times x is equal to 22 more than 7 times x.​

This says that two things are equal; let's write that as an equation:

2 less than 4 times x = 22 more than 7 times x.​

Now we have to turn each phrase into an expression with that meaning. The first says we are subtracting 2 from 4 times x, which looks like this:

4x - 2​

The second says we are adding 22 to 7 times x:

7x + 22​

So the equation is:

4x - 2 = 7x + 22​

Can you try the second problem?

Please keep in mind that we are not a school; you're expected to be learning from someone or something else, and then coming here for help. And learning involves doing, so we'll generally help in proportion to the effort you show.

Thank you so much for summing it up. My teacher and I are on two different schedule so I can’t get any 101 work. We do have a lesson plan but for some reason my mind goes everywhere when it comes to math. I don’t comprehend it at all. I was able to put the terms into phrases BUT I forgot the x for 7x. Didn’t know it belonged :(

Let's take a look:
If 2 is subtracted from a number and this difference is tripled, the result is 12 more than the number
2. 3(2-x+12)
There are a couple things I'll point out, then give you a second chance to learn from it.

First, the sentence makes a statement, so it's an equation; what you wrote is just an expression, which has a value but doesn't say anything is true. You'll need an equal sign:

If 2 is subtracted from a number and this difference is tripled, the result is 12 more than the number.​
_____ = _____​

Second, when you write 2-x, that means you are subtracting x from 2, not 2 from x. We subtract the second number from the first.

Fix those two things (and one more that's similar), you'll have it right.