Beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandra21

Hello friends. I am Chandra. I have found my interest in mathematics. So I request you all to give me a guidance so that I can carry on my studies.

We can't tell you where to start without knowing something about you. Surely you can understand that a teacher needs to know what kind of person he is teaching.

Do you know that 1 + 1 = 2? Do you know how to integrate functions? If you know the latter, we wouldn't want to start you at the former, or vice versa. You said you want to "carry on my studies". Carry on from where? And what kind of learning has worked well for you in the past?

We can't tell you where to start without knowing something about you. Surely you can understand that a teacher needs to know what kind of person he is teaching.

Do you know that 1 + 1 = 2? Do you know how to integrate functions? If you know the latter, we wouldn't want to start you at the former, or vice versa. You said you want to "carry on my studies". Carry on from where? And what kind of learning has worked well for you in the past?

sorry sir I should have tell you that I have been studying mathematics in college level. But unfortunately could not complete the course. I have now plenty of time to learn but have no reference of learning. So I asked such question...

Your title, Beginner, had me wondering if you even knew any algebra.

But even now, I don't know what "college level" means to you! What specific course did you not complete, and where did you have difficulty? What is your ultimate goal? Details will matter.

Also, again, what kind of advice are you looking for? Do you want good books on certain subjects, or a website to learn from, or ideas on how to diagnose and correct the particular difficulties that led you to drop the course?

Your title, Beginner, had me wondering if you even knew any algebra.

But even now, I don't know what "college level" means to you! What specific course did you not complete, and where did you have difficulty? What is your ultimate goal? Details will matter.

Also, again, what kind of advice are you looking for? Do you want good books on certain subjects, or a website to learn from, or ideas on how to diagnose and correct the particular difficulties that led you to drop the course?
I have basic idea about mathematics.. please refer me some specific book on algebra for further learning

Status
Not open for further replies.