Binomial Probability: expected to win 48% of the time; actually wins 80% of the time.

Swazination

1. In the final match a boxer is facing another boxer and is expected to win 48% of the time. In reality they win 80% of the time.
[FONT=&quot]What is the probability of that occurring in 10 matches?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2) In the very next match (in a different tournament), the boxer who won the previous match only wins 40% of the time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- With the winning rate in the previous match, whats the probability of seeing that winning rate in 10 matches?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How would you go about this problem? I believe this a binomial problem but i do not know what the 48% and 80%. Also, how could I calculate this on excel. So if someone could guide me through this that would be great[/FONT]

1. In the final match a boxer is facing another boxer and is expected to win 48% of the time. In reality they win 80% of the time.
What is the probability of that occurring in 10 matches?
2) In the very next match (in a different tournament), the boxer who won the previous match only wins 40% of the time.
- With the winning rate in the previous match, whats the probability of seeing that winning rate in 10 matches?

How would you go about this problem? I believe this a binomial problem but i do not know what the 48% and 80%. Also, how could I calculate this on excel. So if someone could guide me through this that would be great

Did you copy the exact wording of the entire problems? They are rather garbled.

Specifically, what is "that"? And what does a "winning rate" have to do with a particular match, as opposed to the boxer? And why would they ask about 10 matches is this is the final match?

My best guess is that they are asking, if the true probability of winning any given match is 80% (or 40%), what is the probability that in a given 10 matches, they will win (at least?) 48% of the matches. (Since you can't actually win 4.8 matches, I have to guess that they don't mean exactly 48%.)