blocked from search

arthur ohlsten

for 2 days I have been unable to answer any problems entered by students. I keep being told to try at a later time. i am blocked from the site of unanswered problems.
Is there some reason for this? Others have answered posts since the 18th.
Arthur Ohlsten
artohlsten@joimail.com

arthur ohlsten said:
for 2 days I have been unable to answer any problems entered by students. I keep being told to try at a later time. i am blocked from the site of unanswered problems.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand...? Are you unable to use the "Search" utility (from your subject line), or are you unable to hit "Reply" and post responses to threads (from your post)? Or both?

It might help to provide the sequence of events that you have expected, contrasted with the sequence that you have instead experienced...? Thank you! :D

Eliz.

when I attempt to " view ubanswered posts " . I receive the following
" Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes. "

This has been happening for the last several days

Arthur

arthur ohlsten said:
when I attempt to " view ubanswered posts " . I receive the following " Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes. "
Ah. So it's not that you're unable to view threads or post replies; instead, there may be some error with the database "search" utility.

Since clicking on the "Advanced Search" link leads, at this time, to the same error message, it would appear that the database is not accepting calls to that utility at all.

To my knowledge, there is nothing that can be done on "our" end of things, so I'll drop the Admin a private message. His graduate-school schedule is pretty heavy right now, but I'm sure he'll take care of this issue as soon as he's able.

Thank you! :D

Eliz.