Book Recommendation for Calculus (Later I´ll need to use Financial Applications)

wiwi

Book Recommendation for Calculus (Later I´ll need to use Financial Applications)

Hello,

The problem is that most calculus books spend many of their examples and problems with trigonometrical functions, but I don´t need them, so in the end I got just few examples without trigonometrical topics per chapter.

Is there any book that you can recommend me to practice/remember/relearn most of the topics from calculus 1 and calculus 2 that doesn´t use too much trigometrics (or any of it if possible)?

Thanks!

Can you think of an example where calculus would be needed in financial applications?
Many of the inventory management models use differential calculus. I have to admit that I never found a business application that required integral calculus.

I have to admit that I never found a business application that required integral calculus.
Integrals are used when studying consummers' willingness and ability to spend.
There is consumer surplus and producer surplus that use integrals.
And differential equations are used in economics.

Integrals are used when studying consummers' willingness and ability to spend.
There is consumer surplus and producer surplus that use integrals.
And differential equations are used in economics.
I interpreted the question as one about practical problems in finance, not theoretical constructs in economics such as consumers' surplus. Admittedly, all sorts of math beyond differential calculus is used in theoretical economics, but, in my experience, appropriate data to apply such math to practical financial problems were never available. I'd argue that a solid understanding of statistics and probability theory is of considerably more practical use in finance than integral calculus. Now if someone is planning on being an academic economist, then calculus is just a beginning.