Calculate gain from improving worst performing decile to median level

Hoss

I have a dataset (1,780 rows) and I'm trying to calculate the financial impact if bottom decile performed to median level.

I have product ID, qty_half price sales, qty_full price sales, $_half price sales, $_full price sales

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have a dataset (1,780 rows) and I'm trying to calculate the financial impact if bottom decile performed to median level.

I have product ID, qty_half price sales, qty_full price sales, $_half price sales, $_full price sales

Thanks!

Please demonstrate how you would do it with only three rows - using 1/3, rather than decile.

Thanks!

I'm not quite sure what it means for a product to perform at median level; I wouldn't think each product would be expected to produce the same amount of revenue in the first place, since some might be cheap or rarely sold while still being worth selling. But then, I don't know business very well, or what kind of business you are in.

But if what you mean is that you calculate the total revenue from each (qty_half price sales * $_half price sales + qty_full price sales * $_full price sales) and find the bottom decile of these numbers, I would expect you to just replace each of these in your spreadsheet with the median, and see how the total changes.

This will be equivalent to adding (median sales - mean of bottom decile) to each of those 10%*N numbers, so that would be the total increase in revenue.

A small example, like tkhunny requested but probably a little bigger, showing exactly what you want to compare, would be very helpful.