Calculating Volume of a Cylinder Prism

Xentus

QUESTION :

math.png
I

I don't know how to answer this, please provide me how to do it, and not the answer, thanks.

- Xentus

Last edited:
QUESTION :

View attachment 15054
I

I don't know how to answer this, please provide me how to do it, and not the answer, thanks.

- Xentus
What simple shapes do you see here? Do you know the relevant volume formulas? If we calculate the volumes of the simple shapes, how do we get the volume of the shape in question?

So you have really 2 cylinders #1 is a big one and #2 is the one inside (the hole in the big cylinder)
The formula for cylinder volume is:
V = πr2H
Cylinder #1
V= π*((12+6)/2)*43
V=3.14*81*43
V=10942

Cylinder #2
Go ahead solve for the v of this one r=6 H=43
To get the final volume
Vfinal= V#1-V#2

Good luck!

I know how to get the volume of a cylinder prism with just the radius & the height/length.

V = π • r2 R

I know how to get the volume of a cylinder prism with just the radius & the height/length.

V = π • r2 R
Please check the formula.
So, do you see the cylinders? How do we construct the shape out of the cylinders? And how do we calculate the volume if we know the cylinder volumes?

So you have really 2 cylinders #1 is a big one and #2 is the one inside (the hole in the big cylinder)
The formula for cylinder volume is:
V = πr2H
Cylinder #1
V= π*((12+6)/2)*43
V=3.14*81*43
V=10942

Cylinder #2
Go ahead solve for the v of this one r=6 H=43
To get the final volume
Vfinal= V#1-V#2

Good luck!
The work above is incorrect.

The diameter of the outer cylinder do = 12+6+6 = 24

Volume of the outer cylinder Vo = π * (do/2)2 * h = π * 144 * 43

The diameter of the inner "hole" cylinder di = 12

Volume of the outer cylinder Vi = π * (di/2)2 * h = π * 36 * 43

Volume of the hollow cylinder Vo - Vi = π * 144 * 43 - π * 36 * 43 = π * 108 * 43 cm3

finish it....

The work above is incorrect.

The diameter of the outer cylinder do = 12+6+6 = 24

Volume of the outer cylinder Vo = π * (do/2)2 * h = π * 144 * 43

The diameter of the inner "hole" cylinder di = 12

Volume of the outer cylinder Vi = π * (di/2)2 * h = π * 36 * 43

Volume of the hollow cylinder Vo - Vi = π * 144 * 43 - π * 36 * 43 = π * 108 * 43 cm3

finish it....

I'm very sorry for the confusion, but do you think you could break down this work a little more to me, like explain it a bit more? I'm not that good at math and just trying to finish this stupid school stuff.

I'm very sorry for the confusion, but do you think you could break down this work a little more to me, like explain it a bit more? I'm not that good at math and just trying to finish this stupid school stuff.
Please tell me, EXACTLY where (which line? which term?) would you need more explanation?