Calculus

Amiri

Question attached

Attachments

• BB1D58F4-D58E-47FD-AE46-91BBF91607EA.jpeg
    BB1D58F4-D58E-47FD-AE46-91BBF91607EA.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 5
There is three ways to figure this out.

Ask yourself what happens to the polynomial when you go to zero from the right side?

Draw the Quadrants and polynomial. take your figure and trace from right side of the polynomial towards zero. Where does your finger end up?

If you have a calculator enter in f(x)= sin(1/x). where does the polynomial go when you get closer to zero on the right side? Try entering the following numbers in the calculator. ( 1, 0.5, 0.25, 0.1 )

There is three ways to figure this out.

Ask yourself what happens to the polynomial when you go to zero from the right side?

Draw the Quadrants and polynomial. take your figure and trace from right side of the polynomial towards zero. Where does your finger end up?

If you have a calculator enter in f(x)= sin(1/x). where does the polynomial go when you get closer to zero on the right side? Try entering the following numbers in the calculator. ( 1, 0.5, 0.25, 0.1 )
f(x) = sin(1/x) is not a polynomial but rather a trig function. A polynomial is the sum and difference of monomials. Please look up the definition of a monomial.

isn't any function a polynomial? Since it can be graphed? Or is it not a polynomial since the function goes to infinity? I will look it up thank you for the information. I would like to become better at my math. I always knew how to do not understand it. I really enjoyed it all the same. I might not make me good at math because I really didn't learn it by reading the material as much, I sorta just copied what the teacher did on the board and understand the equations. I wish I read more about it. I really appreciate you broadening my understanding

Have an awesome day. I hope I am not a burdenance to this forum

isn't any function a polynomial? Since it can be graphed? Or is it not a polynomial since the function goes to infinity? I will look it up thank you for the information. I would like to become better at my math. I always knew how to do not understand it. I really enjoyed it all the same. I might not make me good at math because I really didn't learn it by reading the material as much, I sorta just copied what the teacher did on the board and understand the equations. I wish I read more about it. I really appreciate you broadening my understanding

Have an awesome day. I hope I am not a burdenance to this forum
No!

A polynomial function is a function such as a quadratic, a cubic, a quartic, and so on, involving only non-negative integer powers of x. We can give a general defintion of a polynomial, and define its degree.

Thus f(x) = \(\displaystyle \sqrt{x}\) or f(x) = \(\displaystyle \sqrt[3]{x}\) - are NOT a polynomial function.