Can anyone help me on area and perimeter?

Video343(as on IGN)

:? You see, I have these problems where it's like "8x+2" by "11x+7" and it says to give the perimeter of the rectangle, ad so far ive done no work....

[see, I have these problems where it's like "8x+2" by "11x+7" and it says to give the perimeter of the rectangle, ad so far ive done no work.

It is no wonder you haven't done any work as I wonder what the basic intent of the problem is. I would appear that you are given the length and width of a box in the form of W= 8x + 2 and L= 11x + 7 an are asked to fnd the perimeter of the box.

Unless you are given some other piece of information such as the volume of the box, the height of the box in terms of x, or some other specific piece of information, you casnnot identify a specific solutionto the problem. You could define perimeters for varyng values of x but that is just arithmetic.

Are you sure you have given all the information associated with the problem?

Video343 said:
I have these problems where it's like....
I'm sorry but, since we can't see your book or your exercise sheet, you will need to be more specific than "it's like". Thank you.

Video343 said:
"8x+2" by "11x+7" and it says to give the perimeter of the rectangle...
Do you perhaps mean that you are looking at a drawing of a rectangle, that one dimension (length or width) is labelled as being "8x + 2", that the other dimension is labelled as being "11x + 7", and that the question asks you to "find the expression for the perimeter"?

If so, a good start would be to state the perimeter formula. If not, then please reply with clarification.

Thank you.

Eliz.

all it shows is a rectangle with the short side as 4x+3 and the long side as 5x-7. it has 4 multiple choice questions...

Video343(as on IGN) said:
all it shows is a rectangle with the short side as 4x+3 and the long side as 5x-7. it has 4 multiple choice questions...
So "it" would be the assignment sheet...? And we were correct in what you mean by a labelled drawing of a rectangle...?

Then follow the instructions: First, state the perimeter formula (which you should have memorized) for a rectangle. Then plug the given length and width into that formula, and simplify to find the expression for the perimeter.

If you get stuck, please reply showing all of your steps. Thank you.

Eliz.

Video343(as on IGN) said:
Geezzzzzz...Video? Sure seems like you spend a lot of time with your name!
Answer this:
what is the perimeter of a rectangle with short side = 10 and long side = 15?

I find it hard to believe you don't know or can't figure out
P=2L+2W or
P=2(L+W)