Can someone please explain this for me?

Why not perform the operations that you can perform? See if anything looks like a way to go.

Are you on a unit covering Proportions?

Why not perform the operations that you can perform? See if anything looks like a way to go.

Are you on a unit covering Proportions?
Honestly, i don't know the purpose. It was tacked on to the end of some Trigonometry questions in a Timber Framing class without any context.
Is the objective to equalize each side? Do I need to flip the second side to get it into positive? Clutching at straws here.

I would write next:

[MATH]\frac{18}{32}=\frac{x-15}{4}[/MATH]
[MATH]\frac{9}{16}=\frac{x-15}{4}[/MATH]
Now, solve for \(x\)...what do you get?

This is an equation, you need to find the value of "?". Usually the unknown value is designated by "x", not "?".
Let's look at a simple example: 2 = 5 - x
Can you find x?

Honestly, i don't know the purpose.... Clutching at straws here.
This is a very common cause of paralysis. Ignore that and just show us some of the straws that are within your grasp.

Ratios are important for framing. "Similarity" is invaluable. Is the slope (pitch) of one roof the same as the pitch of another roof? How can you PROVE it? It your roof steep enough to use shingles or do you have to roll it? What is the local requirement? How can you PROVE it?

Don't let the fact that it has an "=" in it scare you away. Keep thinking about the things you were thinking about right before you saw it and entered paralysis.