Chair/Table problem

Angel Haroon

how to solve this question? should i keep on adding the number of tables adooring to the chairs?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-05 Benjamin cdr - 6577b4c3519e1c21c79357eaf7bbeb7e pdf.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-05 Benjamin cdr - 6577b4c3519e1c21c79357eaf7bbeb7e pdf.png
    33 KB · Views: 12
Do you know any algebra? That's how I'd approach this. If not, you might just try some different number of tables and see how many chairs are needed each way, using trial and error to find the number that works.

I don't know what "adooring" means.

I have tried the trial and error method. But I would keep adding the chairs to the tables. How will I know what the correct answer is?

*according (that was an error)

I have tried the trial and error method. But I would keep adding the chairs to the tables. How will I know what the correct answer is?

*according (that was an error)
Do you know algebra? If yes - what level?

I'd want to use two variables if I use algebra, which may be beyond you.

For trial and error, just make a table (keeping in mind that it appears the number of tables is even, since they can arrange them in pairs!):

tables ... chairs (single) ... chairs (double)
2 ............. 8 ............................. 6

and so on. Do you see that when the two numbers of chairs differ by 10 (needing 6 more then there are vs having 4 too many), you'll have your answer?

You might find a pattern that lets you get to the answer more quickly.