Chance of Winning a Tennis match

gatis

Hello guys!
I am having problems figuring out how to calculate odds of a tennis match outcome.
For example:
Study sugests that after winning first set 83% of players go on to win the match, therefore 17% of players who lose the first set go on to lose the match.
If the players are equally skilled they both have 50% chance to win, this would mean that at the beginning of the match the odds should be 1/0.50=2
And after the 1st set the odds should be 1/0.83=1.20 for the winner of the 1st set and 1/0.17=5.88 for the loser of the 1st set.

But what if the players aren't equally skilled, and players have 75% chance (1.33 decimal odds) and 25% chance (4.00 decimal odds) to win the tennis match?
How to calculate the chance of winning(odds) for these players after 1st set?
I have been trying to figure this out, but this is above my level of math understanding.

Thanks in advance,
Gatis

Study sugests that after winning first set 83% of players go on to win the match, therefore 17% of players who lose the first set go on to lose the match.
Are you sure of that?

If the players are equally skilled they both have 50% chance to win, this would mean that at the beginning of the match the odds should be 1/0.50=2
And after the 1st set the odds should be 1/0.83=1.20 for the winner of the 1st set and 1/0.17=5.88 for the loser of the 1st set.
Do you know the difference between probability and odds? The 50% is a probability; it means odds are 1:1. You can't take the reciprocal of probability.

Your question doesn't make any sense.