Chi-Square Goodness of Fit project

cat_aclysm42

I need a little help getting started on this project. Even just an idea to start from and where to get the numbers we need would be appreciated.
The instructions:
1. Select a product in which there is a categorical distribution. Research the project and write a 3 paragraph essay detailing the history and production of the product. Include a paragraph outlining your process for determining if there is evidence to doubt the company's claim.
2. Carry out the appropriate statistical test and present your results.
3. Be sure to address any issues that could result in errors, especially in how you met your conditions.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can even give me an idea where to start. I am at a loss. This is for my son, and he doesn't seem to be clear on what we are supposed to do.

I dragged a couple of my old college friends into this. One is a math teacher and the other has an MBA. Between them, we got the data and decided on a plan for this. The problem is these vague instructions and the part about "the company's claim". We think we have a plan now, though. thanks to anyone who read this and tried to think of something. This is the worst project we have encountered. Those instructions above are literally all we have to go on.