Coffee Break: Cut and Paste

Otis

Elite Member
Delete one letter from each of the twelve words below. Pair up results and stick them together, forming six common words. For example, if two words were THORN and SPY, then you could delete R and S and join the results to form PYTHON. To help you out, the deleted letters are {A, A, C, C, D, I, N, L, O, R, R, plus one other} and the six answers start with {A, B, P, S, S, and one other}.

ROMANTIC AS PIANO DUAL

SLUM POLICE BILKING CHILE

FAR ARCH MERCY ITCH

Religion preaches it

Card game

Black and white

Vacation weather

Speaks two languages

Braid

?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Puzzle. Not sure about the last one??
FAR ITCH = FAITH
PI
ANO CHILE = PINOCHLE
A
RCH ROMANTIC = ACHROMATIC
S
LUM MERCY = SUMMERY
BIL
KING DUAL = BILINGUAL
AS P
OLICE = SOLICE (mis-spelt? SOLACE??)

I got the same answers (without using the hints), except that since SOLICE is not a word, I guessed that you meant to delete O rather than P, so the word is SPLICE. The hint says you did misspell it.

… SOLICE [mis-spelt?] …
… since [SOLICE] is not a word, I guessed that you meant to delete O rather than P
Ah, NUTS! ?

Yeah, I'd started with SOLICE, but, after catching my spelling error and reworking the puzzle, I forgot to edit the clue in the file with my organized info, so the old clue got copied into my post (now fixed).

Harriett rocks! ?

Kudos to Dr. Peterson for deciphering the goof. ⭐⭐⭐

\(\;\)

Yeah, I'd started with SOLICE, but, after catching my spelling error and reworking the puzzle, I forgot to edit the clue in the file with my organized info, so the old clue got copied into my post (now fixed).
You also need to change the deleted letter list to include O instead of P.