Coffee Break: Find the Anagrams

Otis

Elite Member
Fill in the blanks below. Within each color group, anagram the filled-in letters to form a 7-letter word that matches a hint at the bottom.

GOLF _____
_____ TWAIN

UPPER _____
_____ STALK

POLKA _____
_____ CLIMB

Something that goes airborne

Something that goes underground

Something that goes underwater

?

meerkat goes underground (tee + mark)
biplane goes airborne (lip+bean)
cestoid goes underwater (dots+ice) ????

That's a good start, Romsek. Your answer above is two-thirds correct!

:)

Oops, Romsek -- I clicked 'Like' instead of 'Reply'. Well, I guess now I have to like it, as there's no option to unlike it. ;)

So, you mean those parasitic worms go underwater, after they've been flushed down the toilet. Right? (Sorry, Harriett.) I LIKE it!

However, only two of your answers match mine. As your answer seems to work, I'll toss a hint: The underwater object is not a life form.

Cheers!

\(\;\)

Oops, Romsek -- I clicked 'Like' instead of 'Reply'. Well, I guess now I have to like it, as there's no option to unlike it. ;)

So, you mean those parasitic worms go underwater, after they've been flushed down the toilet. Right? (Sorry, Harriett.) I LIKE it!

However, the fact remains that only two of your answers match mine. As your answer seems to work, I'll toss a hint: The underwater object is not a life form.

Cheers!

\(\;\)
Why are you sorry?

Why are you sorry?
Your response to a previous post involving bodily fluids gave me the impression that you might be somewhat, ah, how shall I say it … perhaps, concerning the topic, a wee bit:

Fragile feline got failing grade, after lunatic lied (8)

?

Never have I been described as delicate. I can't even remember the previous post you are referring to?? "Wee" bit - I see what you did there!!