color of default text for ALL posts in thread

stapel

Super Moderator
Staff member
As near as I can determine, the default color for posts in any given thread is either set to a dark-ish gray, or else alternates between black and gray. In the message-entry/edit box, the background is white, so the text isn't so hard to read. This contrast is nicer. But once you've posted, the colors go to gray on blue-gray, which is much harder to read.

If the background colors cannot be lightened (to increase contrast with the gray text), could the text be darkened? And possibly made just a smidge larger?

Thank you!:D

Eliz.

Note: The above post was in black text, until I posted this reply. This post has only the following (parenthetical) set (by BBCode tags) to be "color=black". But the whole post turned "color=black".

It should be noted that this behaviour is not consistent. Sometimes only the designated text turns color, not the entire post.

Eliz.

Eliz,

can you take a screen shot and post it? Because I see black text on posts.

jwpaine said:
can you take a screen shot and post it? Because I see black text on posts.
If your eyes are stronger, the nearly-black gray font probably looks fine. And, as I type this, the fonts have switched again, still alternating, but with the first post now "color=black" (HTML #000000) and the second being gray (HTML #333333).

When the colors are alternating this way, the word "parenthetical" should stand out in my second post as being a somewhat different, darker color:

. . . . .
freemathhelp.gif

...as you can see in the screen-shot above. In this post, I have set the color to be black, regardless of the switching back and forth.

Eliz.

Ted said:
I had to hit "Refresh" for the new settings to display, which is odd, because these are PHP pages...?

The default color still appears to be #333333 gray. But the bigger default size is definitely helpful! :D

Eliz.

The CSS file with all the style information was probably cached by your browser... pretty typical. I'll work on the gray thing

Any better now? I'm having a hard time seeing the difference, so it's hard for me to figure out if I've fixed the right thing.