Comparsion

Mik3ssv

Not sure if this question belongs here but if it isn't please move it where it goes...

Each question in this section will ask you to make a comparison. The questions will compare things in the format \"A is to B as C is to _____\", and you will have to choose which option best fits in the space.

Green is to yellow as purple is to?

He is to she as him is to?

Bicycle is to handlebars as car is to?

22 is to 555 as 55 is to?

MEAT is to TEAM as 3521 is to?

Not sure if this question belongs here but if it isn't please move it where it goes...

Each question in this section will ask you to make a comparison. The questions will compare things in the format \"A is to B as C is to _____\", and you will have to choose which option best fits in the space.

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/read-before-posting.109846/#post-486520

Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.

These are properly called analogies, and they don't always have one correct answer, nor is there a standard way to come to a conclusion. Generally, you just have to think about it and let an idea arise in your mind, then think about whether you can explain what makes it analogous.

Sometimes you can start by looking at the given pair and finding a way to explain the relationship. For example, if you were given "Bear is to cub as cat is to ___?", you might think, a cub is a young bear; so what is a young cat? Sometimes the relationship you think of is not relevant to the third item, so you have to try again.

Give it a try! I will tell you that I am less sure of my answer to the first than to the others, so try these in reverse order. Tell us what you think (including your explanation), and we can suggest different ways to think if necessary.

This definitely does not belong under differential equations! It really isn't math at all. Maybe the closest would be pre-algebra, as it is a matter of thinking about relationships, which might prepare you for algebra and subsequent abstract pieces of math.

I can understand if you don't know where to post your question. But you chose Differential Equations as your best guess??

-Dan