condense each expression

You use equal signs from one line to the next.
I never meant that you needed two equal signs. I meant that the final answer could have been the last line or the line before that.
Oh so you mean include an equal sign in either of the last two lines?

I think he's saying that it's good practice to explicitly show that you are making a series of equivalent expressions, by writing your work not as

this​
this​
this​
this​

but as

this​
= this​
= this​
= this​

That isn't essential, but shows the reader what you mean, and reminds you of what you are doing.

And he's saying that you could have stopped with the next to last line, because both are equally "condensed". Some teachers, though, may want answers in radical form, and may explicitly state that in a problem.

I think he's saying that it's good practice to explicitly show that you are making a series of equivalent expressions, by writing your work not as

this​
this​
this​
this​
Hows thi
but as

this​
= this​
= this​
= this​

That isn't essential, but shows the reader what you mean, and reminds you of what you are doing.

And he's saying that you could have stopped with the next to last line, because both are equally "condensed". Some teachers, though, may want answers in radical form, and may explicitly state that in a problem.
How is this?

F1B26D61-3AE2-41B6-A830-32B8B804231C.jpeg