Congruent and Obtuse Angles: name non-right congruent angles

Jeff24

[attachment=0:2mgkowll]geomtery 6.JPG[/attachment:2mgkowll]

For this diagram, the numbers are degrees. and the digram goes along with these questions I answered them but just want to be sure that this how you do this and if they are correct?

1. It first tells me to name 2 right angles. which would be <DCB, <ABC
2. NAme two conqurent angles taht are not right angles? <DAB <BAD
3. Name the obtuse angle? <ADC
Is this correct? or am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• geomtery 6.JPG
    geomtery 6.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 425
Jeff24 said:

2. NAme two conqurent angles taht are not right angles? <DAB <BAD

3. Name the obtuse angle? <ADC

It's hard for me to read the numbers on your diagram, and it's also hard for me to determine the location of the 25 toward the upper right-hand corner, so I guessed at the following.

Angle ABD is 25 degrees.
Angle DBC is not given.
Angle BCD is marked as a 90-degree angle.
Angle CDB is 25 degrees.
Angle BDA is 39 degrees.
Angle DAB is 116 degrees.

Using these numbers, your answer for (1) is correct.

Your answer for (2) is not correct.

You're asked for two congruent angles. The names DAB and BAD refer to the same angle; you need to list two distinct angles.

Your answer for (3) is not correct.

The phrase "obtuse angle" means any angle whose measure is between 90 degrees and 180 degrees.

You answered angle ADC, but the measure of angle ADC is 39 plus 25. This number is not between 90 and 180.

Try again.

MathIQ said:
2. <BAD <ADC

3.<DCB

are these right?

Nope.

Angles BAD and ADC do not have the same measure, so they are not congruent.

The measure of angle DCB is 90 degrees. 90 is not between 90 and 180.

Try again.

Re: Right, Congruent, obtuse angles?

But for 2. I have to name a congruent angles that are not right angles, and i can't find any that have the same measure i've tried about 20 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. and for 3 they all equal 180 degrees or 90 or over 180 what am i missing ?
I just can't figure these out!! HELP!

[attachment=0:23fthvtu]geometry 30.JPG[/attachment:23fthvtu]

1.Name two congurent angles that are not right angles? I can't figure it out because the only ones that I can think of our both right angles.
2.Name the obtuse angle? It seems like there all under 90 degrees or over 180 degrees. I can't find an obtuse angle!
Please Help me!

Attachments

• geometry 30.JPG
    geometry 30.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 414
Re: Congruent and Obtuse Angles, Please Help ASAP!

MathIQ said:
2.Name the obtuse angle? It seems like there all under 90 degrees or over 180 degrees. I can't find an obtuse angle! Please Help me!
Are you joking, kid? You can't see one equal to 116 degrees?

Your "there" is not correct English: should be they're (they are). However, you're fast improving :idea:

MathIQ said:
1.Name two congurent angles that are not right angles? I can't figure it out because the only ones that I can think of [are] both right angles.

Clearly, you did not think very hard.

This thread is yet one more duplicate discussion, from you. In the first version of this discussion that you created, I told you that congruent angles have the same measure.

Do you understand the definition of congruent angles? They're have equal measures. That's all there is to it.

If you understand the word "congruent", then why on earth can you not see two equal angles in your diagram that are not 90 degrees?

If you do not understand the word "congruent", then why on earth are you trying to do this exercise without first asking us to explain the word "congruent"?

You told me that you work very hard at math. I understand the reason why. Your memory is not up to the task. I do not have enough information to understand the reason why. (Maybe you suffer from a clinical condition related to short-term memory. Maybe your brain is simply not wired for analytical thinking. Maybe you are day-dreaming, or maybe the television is on. Maybe you're tired, and you just don't care enough to find motivation to keep track of what you're told and what you're trying to do.)

Whatever the reason for all of these memory failures that you displayed yesterday, I think that you probably need a relatively-high level of tutoring. This is not something that can be done easily over the Internet. Please speak with your instructor about getting a qualified tutor who can spend a lot of time with you face-to-face.

Jeff24 said:
[attachment=0:1pk90hr2]geomtery 6.JPG[/attachment:1pk90hr2]

For this diagram, the numbers are degrees. and the digram goes along with these questions I answered them but just want to be sure that this how you do this and if they are correct?

2. NAme two conqurent angles taht are not right angles? <DAB <BAD <<< This is two different ways to name the same angle. The problem does not state that AB is parallel to DC. But, if those two lines are parallel, you will want to consider which angles are congruent when you have parallel lines cut by a transversal. I see you have two angles labeled a 25°. Are they not congruent?
3. Name the obtuse angle? <ADC <<<ADC seems to be less than 90°. You need to look up the definition of an obtuse angle.
Is this correct? or am I doing something wrong?