Conjecture about next three terms in 1, 5, 2, 8, 3, 11, ...

Figure_skater123

Hello, I have been working on this question for a while, but I don't know if I am doing it right. Here is the question and the work I have done so far:

Make a conjecture about the next three terms in the sequence 1,5,2,8,3,11... explain your reasoning.

5+2=8
8+3=11

Every second number in the sequence is an integer in order spaced apart by numbers that when you add the two together you get the next number.

I don't think the conjecture that I made makes since, but I didn’t know exactly how to write what I was thinking.

Re: Conjecture

Figure_skater123 said:
Make a conjecture about the next three terms in the sequence 1,5,2,8,3,11... explain your reasoning.
Wow! Someone CAN ask this sort of question fairly and reasonably! I am nearly stunned.

5+2 = 7

Now how do you feel about your conjecture.

I have another plan. Consider the ordinal sequence in which the digits appear. 1 is 1st, 5 is 2nd, 2 is 3rd, etc. Think about odd-numbered sequence alone (1,2,3) and the even-numbered sequence alone (5,8,11). Again, it's just one way to create a conjecture. It is no better than any other way that can be justified.

The real answer exists only in the brain of the person who wrote it.
In other words, there may be many reasonable answers.
But how is anyone suppose to know what is that thought up answer?