Convert decimal ↔ fraction

Kailey Forbes

I want to know how do converting mixed number to decimal can you help me please because I don't get it

I want to know how do converting mixed number to decimal can you help me please because I don't get it
Basically, you just convert the fraction part to a decimal (divide the numerator by the denominator), and then add the whole part. For example, given 5 3/4, you divide 3 by 4 and get 0.75, then add that to 5 to get 5.75.

We can help you more effectively if you show us your work on a problem you struggle with, telling us as much as you can about how you are thinking, so we can see specifically what help you need.

Am going to show you a work that I am struggling with ok

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210226-154934~2.png
    Screenshot_20210226-154934~2.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 14
Can you explain more about that because I still don't understand what are you doing ok please and thank you I am doing that too so that's why I asked if you can explain it for me ok

Dividing by is easy as any number divided by 1 is that number. You can move the decimal in those denominators in your problems so that the decimal is just to the right of 1. Now any number like 1.0, 1.00, 1.000, 1.0000, ... are all equal to 1 and dividing by 1 is simple. Now in each problem you need to move the decimal in the numerator the same number of places and in the same direction as you did to the decimal in the denominator to get 1.

Here is video that show this process. Watch the 1st six minutes of it.

Can you explain more about that because I still don't understand what are you doing ok please and thank you I am doing that too so that's why I asked if you can explain it for me ok

I was trying to give hints about the following property of modulo arithmetic:-

- If x,b, and n are natural numbers and mod(x, b)=1 then this implies that mod(x^n, b)=1

Have you been taught this? If not, then you should not use it. Take another look at the things you've been taught recently to see if any of the topics can be applied to solve this question. If you're not sure, then please post back with the things you've recently been taught.

Ok but if it is not it what are you going to do can you help me with it if it is not it because am not sure if it is it ok

Yes that is the same way my teacher teach me but I still don't understand how we get the answer for the work

No please I really need help on it because it must go in at 2:59pm that is in the morning please help me because if I don't do it I will not get a good grade just please

Please show your attempt at the first question "25/10". How have you been shown to do this? You can post a photo of your work on paper if you don't like typing

Watch the video. It just shows that you move the decimals and then you have your answer. Were you confused by anything in the video??

Watch the video. It just shows that you move the decimals and then you have your answer. Were you confused by anything in the video??
Yes I was confused because I was not hearing anything that the man or woman was saying so yes I was confused ok but thanks for the video and the update okay this is the best I ever seen in my life

A fraction, \(\displaystyle \frac{a}{b}\), is an "indicated" division- it means "divide a by b". To convert a fraction to a decimal do that division! For example "\(\displaystyle \frac{3}{5}\)" means "divide 3 by 5". Since 5*6= 30, 5 divides in 30 6 times and 5 divides into 3.0 0.6 times. The fraction \(\displaystyle \frac{3}{5}\) is equal to the decimal 0.6.

Dividing by "powers of 10", 10, 100, 1000, etc., is especially easy- count the number of "0"s and move the decimal point to the left that number of times. \(\displaystyle \frac{5.}{10}= 0.5\). \(\displaystyle \frac{7.}{100}= 0.07\), \(\displaystyle \frac{3.}{1000}= 0.003\).