Converting hectares to kilometres

Kzerr

Hello! I’m not sure if I’m in the correct place in terms of a thread for this problem; but will give it a try anyway as I’m new here :)

I am trying to determine how many days it will take to mow 295 hectares when the blade of the mower is 12’ wide and the tractor can mow at 4km/hour.
Attached is what I think is correct but something doesn’t seem to work out in the end? I’m unsure if you can cross multiply squared numbers? I did the equation with 620 ha but have now determined the amount to be 295 ha.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 272EAD0E-0E1C-4713-A0C8-2E6EAD14249C.jpeg
    272EAD0E-0E1C-4713-A0C8-2E6EAD14249C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
The work looks right to me, given that "1 km" refers to the area of a swath that long.

What makes you think it's wrong? I'd check by calculating in reverse, finding the area covered in the number of days you found.

The work looks right to me, given that "1 km" refers to the area of a swath that long.

What makes you think it's wrong? I'd check by calculating in reverse, finding the area covered in the number of days you found.
I’m questioning the work because the number of days seems unrealistic - so just wanted a few opinions :)

And the actual number of days you got was about 20, right? I have no idea what to expect, but we can see that 20 days means 800 km, which at the indicated rate is 292 ha, so it seems correct.