Coordinate Plane

nycmathdad

See my answers in upper case letters.

1. An ordered pair of real numbers can be represented in a plane called the rectangular coordinate system
or the ________ plane.

COORDINATE PLANE.

2. The x- and y-axes divide the coordinate plane into four ________.

QUADRANTS

3. The ________ ________ is derived from the Pythagorean Theorem.

DISTANCE FORMULA

4. Finding the average values of the respective coordinates of the two endpoints of a line segment in a coordinate plane is also known as using the ________ ________.

MIDPOINT FORMULA

1. An ordered pair of real numbers can be represented in a plane called the rectangular coordinate system
or the ________ plane.

COORDINATE PLANE.

QUADRANTS

DISTANCE FORMULA

4. Finding the average values of the respective coordinates of the two endpoints of a line segment in a coordinate plane is also known as using the ________ ________.

MIDPOINT FORMULA

I guess that your answers are correct

or the ________ plane.

COORDINATE PLANE.
I would have said "Cartesian plane". You have to see what term(s) your book uses -- you can look it up, but we can only guess. You have that advantage over us. Use it!

As pka said, books can use or emphasize different terms, so there can be different preferences.

Often when I see this sort of vocabulary question in a textbook, it comes with a list to choose from, which can help determine which words they are looking for.

This illustrates the fact that you should prepare for homework in a book by reading that book, not watching some videos that might use different words, or different kinds of problems. Math is not as universal as people sometimes think!

I would have said "Cartesian plane". You have to see what term(s) your book uses -- you can look it up, but we can only guess. You have that advantage over us. Use it!

As pka said, books can use or emphasize different terms, so there can be different preferences.

Often when I see this sort of vocabulary question in a textbook, it comes with a list to choose from, which can help determine which words they are looking for.

This illustrates the fact that you should prepare for homework in a book by reading that book, not watching some videos that might use different words, or different kinds of problems. Math is not as universal as people sometimes think!

I agree with everything you said. However, textbook lessons can look like Chinese backwards depending on the topic. Can you imagine what a Calculus 3 textbook must be like? I can read a Calculus 3 lesson on double and triple integrals and not understand a single sentence. The video lectures remove all the math jargon that students fear and hate. I'm not talking about prealgegra topics. I am trying to learn Calculus 1 to a decent level. Textbook lessons are a bit fuzzy for me right now.

or the ________ plane.

COORDINATE PLANE.

QUADRANTS

DISTANCE FORMULA

MIDPOINT FORMULA
#1 is wrong as it is a single word answer.

Brother, obviously I meant to say COORDINATE. The word PLANE is already there. So, I am right.
Have you looked in the book yet to see what terms they use in the section? I strongly suspect that they want "Cartesian", because they already used the word "coordinate" in the question. I take it this is one they don't give an answer for, and they don't have a list to choose from?

Or is this from your book at all? Now that I think about it, this is at an entirely different level from the calculus you are studying. I searched and found the question at various places, such as this one that gives an answer (namely, mine):

Have you looked in the book yet to see what terms they use in the section? I strongly suspect that they want "Cartesian", because they already used the word "coordinate" in the question. I take it this is one they don't give an answer for, and they don't have a list to choose from?

Or is this from your book at all? Now that I think about it, this is at an entirely different level from the calculus you are studying. I searched and found the question at various places, such as this one that gives an answer (namely, mine):

I honestly don't recall what textbook the questions are from. I have been searching through several books. It could be from previous precalculus textbooks. It doesn't matter anymore.