Create a rational function, g(x) that has the following properties.

CalcStruggler

Create a rational function, g(x) that has the following properties:

1686390100796.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Create a rational function, g(x) that has the following properties:

i) V.A.: None

ii) O.B.: None

iii) H.A.: y = 1

iv) Hole: [imath]\left(-4,\; -\frac{3}{19}\right)[/imath]

v) local min.: [imath]\left(-3,\; -\frac{1}{6}\right)[/imath]

vi) local max.: [imath]\left(1,\; \frac{1}{2}\right)[/imath]
I will guess that "V.A." stands for "vertical asymptote", "H.A." stands for "horizontal asymptote", "min." stands for "minimum", and "max." stands for "maximum". I'm pretty sure I know what is meant by "Hole". However, I cannot guess what "O.B." might mean.

When you reply with clarification, please include a clear listing of the information requested in the "Read Before Posting" message, starting with what you know about the rational function based on its having no vertical asymptote.

Thank you!

Did you draw something that lives up to everything? I also would like to know what O.B. means. I bet it should have been O.A. for oblique asymptote

Did you draw something that lives up to everything? I also would like to know what O.B. means. I bet it should have been O.A. for oblique asymptote
I agree; and I don't think this is possible. The HA, at least, has to be wrong; there may also be a missing x-intercept, if the actual HA is not y=0. (Or maybe they just aren't listing all the intercepts, local minima, etc.)

1686676538457.png

It isn't a very good problem. Where does it come from?