default font back to being gray and small...?

stapel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shortly after the forum-script update, the default font was changed from smallish and gray (alternating with black) to medium-sized and (always) black, as a kindness to us oldsters who can't see worth a darn. :wink:

This morning, the font appears to have reverted back to smallish and (alternating) gray. :cry:

While the new favicon (the green-on-black "pi" symbol) is quite nice, somehow the installation of this item appears to have caused a problem with the "Post a New Topic" link and the default font settings. Was perhaps an old stylesheet uploaded along with the favicon graphic file...?

Thank you! :D

Eliz.

Re: default font back to gray and small...?

No the favicon was just coincidental with an upgrade from release candidate to final release of the software, so that's what messed things up. One moment please....

How's this?

Ted said:
How's this?
I almost replied with more whining, but then I remembered how that worked out last time... :wink:

So I hit "Reload" to force the browser to download the updated formatting settings, and -- Bob's your uncle! -- the text is back to being large and black! :D

Thank you! 8-)

Eliz.

Back to tiny type again...?

Some portion of the back end of the forums was tweaked recently (if I understand this thread correctly), and the default font is back to being rather small. It isn't gray, which is good, but bigger would be nice, too. :wink:

Eliz.

Hrm. The only change I made was in the css file for printing... and even then all I did was stop hiding images. I don't mean this to sound like such a stupid question, but are you sure it's smaller? It seems the same for me, but then again I've never been one to remember things :p

A few other comments:

You can adjust the size of the fonts easily with the " A^ " thing under the search bar in the top right of all these pages. Click on it a few times and notice what happens.

Firefox 3 has a really nice page zoom feature. Instead of just enlarging the font size which sometimes throws off everything else, it actually zooms everything on the page.

Of course, if I have made the text smaller on here I want to fix that... I'm just mentioning these as related tips for everyone.