definition

Ryan$

Hi guys; there're many "definitions" in math or in any theoretical material ; what's confused me sometimes the "definition" isn't always concrete to analogy to our real life; my question is; my role is just follow the definition like an idiot and nothing more?!

Hi guys; there're many "definitions" in math or in any theoretical material ; what's confused me sometimes the "definition" isn't always concrete to analogy to our real life; my question is; my role is just follow the definition like an idiot and nothing more?!
Ryan$, I'm left thinking the same way about your posts.

Hi guys!
I'm really sorry for posting this but I need your help, specifically who's experienced on how I can overcome on those problems.

once I learn something new like for example "triangle" or "adding" = "+" .. what's confusing me why it's like this? I mean why for example it's called triangle or why it's called addition ...why it's a phase for instance ... and really I find it hard to think like this. for example if I learn vectors .. what's confusing me why it's called "vectors" and not finding it hard in learning its operational ,, just only why it's called like this "vector"

how can I overcome on these problems? and how should I think? I'm a new learner on math .. but in general if I learn any new concept then what's confusing me and what's bothering me why it's "called" like this, I mean the name of its definition why it's like this ... For instance I can call it whatever I want .. why I need to follow what they called it?! for example instead of calling "+" I call it addition, I call it "CHCOSHSISHSO" ..it's just an example ..

can anyone explain to me how should I think over new concepts ... I'm worry too much about nonesenseable things but it's stuck me up ,,, maybe a good convinced elaboration would solve the issue!

thanks

Why does language exist in the first place, with agreed upon words and definitions for those words? Surely we could communicate just as effectively with each of use more or less speaking our own language, right?

Why does language exist in the first place, with agreed upon words and definitions for those words? Surely we could communicate just as effectively with each of use more or less speaking our own language, right?
So you mean I can understand whatever I want, at the end we must follow a specific language to communicate with each other ?!
specific language is a convention that all who would learn something , must follow that convention?!

I'm not trolling to not think about it , then I can for instance claim something and let the others follow that thing why not? i mean who said that convention is right? maybe the convention of language someone who's dull don't know anything and just rolling around !

*** once again you're talking to whom is just started new learning in the life ..... so you to accept what I learn is like a new child born and I need to tolerate it with new concepts that's right **

for instance , when you'were a child you're following your parents and what they say, why?! the answer is because they are telling you what's right..

my question who said that convention language is right and why I must follow what they name it?! I can name it what I want and then let the others follow what I named it ,, why not?!

Why does language exist in the first place, with agreed upon words and definitions for those words? Surely we could communicate just as effectively with each of use more or less speaking our own language, right?a
for instance, you told me that the coordination system I can coordinate it wherever I want because there's no specific limitation on it , none said that there's one position of coordination system ... I accepted that because it's logically accepted .. but why I should call it coordinate system?!

*** once again this gab is following me every new material, why it's called like this and why not and and and ... so I need to close this gap!****

A convention in language is just something that is agreed upon so that we may all speak of this named concept and be assured others will know what we're referencing. If I tell people I wish to use the word "fluggit" in place of "dog" most would ignore me, and perhaps even become annoyed if I persisted. But, the agreed upon convention is only right in the sense that it has been agreed upon, most often without our input. But, if we wish to communicate with others, we must follow these conventions.

Words mean things. It's important. Meaning changes with language. Meaning changes with time. Dictionaries are histories, not mandates. If you wish words to mean something and NEVER change, you're living on the wrong planet.

If you wish meaning without words, you might want to read Principia Mathematica, Whitehead & Russell. Tell us when you have it completed.

… what's confusing me [is] … why [a triangle is] called triangle or why [addition is] called addition … really I find it hard to think like this …
… for example if I learn vectors … what's confusing me [is] why [vectors are] called "vectors" … [I'm] not finding it hard [to understand working with vectors] just only why [a vector is] called "vector"
This is a math help site. Most members are not interested in this type of linguistics issue.

JeffM suggested that you post your questions about the etymology of words at a language forum. You need to do that.

Previously, you suggested that maybe you need to see a doctor about your anxiety. I think that's a good idea.

\(\;\)

… who said that convention language is right and why I must follow what they name it?! I can [rename things in math according to] what I want and then let the others follow what I named it ,, why not?!
You may not do that here. Go somewhere else to argue about the established names in mathematics.

\(\;\)

@Ryan$ As I mentioned in another thread it is best for you to just learn to apply what you have learned. Such things as + and - are so basic to the level of work you seem to be doing that I think it would be a very good idea for you to review something on the level of 4th grade Math. Learn the definitions and learn how to apply them. Don't worry about exceptions. By the time you have learned how to do this you will still have several years of study before you start talking about generalizations of these methods.

You are seriously over-thinking this stuff. I hate to say it this way but it's the way you can learn it: When your instructors tell you how to add, pay attention and just do it.

-Dan

Hi guys, something a lil confusing me, when the teacher in the video solve problems in math or in physics ..while he's solving he said "we must be consistency: in our logic ..

what does he mean by that? why I need to be consistency in order to "my logic" be correct ?!

is working behind consistency while thinking ... is a good approach to think "right" ?! all what confused me ..while I need to be consistency in my thinking ?!...

maybe a good analogy to elaborate why I need to be consistent in my thinking in order to "my logic" be right ...would be appreciated and would convince me!

thanks alot !

Hi guys, something a lil confusing me, when the teacher in the video solve problems in math or in physics ..while he's solving he said "we must be consistency: in our logic ..

what does he mean by that? why I need to be consistency in order to "my logic" be correct ?!

is working behind consistency while thinking ... is a good approach to think "right" ?! all what confused me ..while I need to be consistency in my thinking ?!...

maybe a good analogy to elaborate why I need to be consistent in my thinking in order to "my logic" be right ...would be appreciated and would convince me!

thanks alot !
You want to be called Ryan consistently!

If Paul calls you "John" and Peter calls you "Ringo"

How would you know in the crowd if somebody yells "John" - whether you should pay attention to it or not!!

thanks alot !
Thank you for this post! I have been wondering all this time whether or not you are a troll. This post proves that you are.

-Dan

… I have been wondering all this time whether or not you are a troll. This post proves that you are.
I think posts #4 and #6 suggest as much, also.

Moderators have contacted Ryan$ privately over the past few weeks. His responses have been evasive, to say the least.

Strike 1 has been issued.

:(