Depth of air chamber to achieve 3,000,000 foot pounds.

JohnU

I'm designing alternate means of storing energy off grid, and I'm having difficulty finding out how to figure out how deep a canister submerged under water would have to be to have a potentially energy of 3,000,000 foot pounds. For this, I would like to know the neccisary depth of a 500lb propane tank containing 400 gallons of air at 1 atmosphere would have to be to store 3,000,000 foot pounds. The tank weighs 1,200lbs. Any assistantce would be appreciated.

I'm designing alternate means of storing energy off grid, and I'm having difficulty finding out how to figure out how deep a canister submerged under water would have to be to have a potentially energy of 3,000,000 foot pounds. For this, I would like to know the neccisary depth of a 500lb propane tank containing 400 gallons of air at 1 atmosphere would have to be to store 3,000,000 foot pounds. The tank weighs 1,200lbs. Any assistantce would be appreciated.
Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/read-before-posting.109846/#post-486520

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

What do you mean by "a 500lb propane tank" that weighs 1200 lbs.? And do you not realize that air stored in a metal tank will NOT be compressed at all no matter how far the tank is submerged? (As long as the tank remains intact.)