Derivative not correct

Loki123

The questions was to find the derivative of the following function. I checked my answer using wolfram and it's correct. So how did they get this answer? Is there some ln property I am not aware of. Squaring ln3 could not just be a typo. IMG_20220505_101159.jpg

The questions was to find the derivative of the following function. I checked my answer using wolfram and it's correct. So how did they get this answer? Is there some ln property I am not aware of. Squaring ln3 could not just be a typo. View attachment 32582
Are you saying that your answer is the first, and that it agrees with WA? (It does.) Is the second answer given by your book, or whatever the source of the problem is? Who do you mean by "they", and why do you trust "them"?

Please tell us more about how you are judging answers correct or incorrect; and check whether you copied the problem correctly. Is it still impossible to show us the original?

Are you saying that your answer is the first, and that it agrees with WA? (It does.) Is the second answer given by your book, or whatever the source of the problem is? Who do you mean by "they", and why do you trust "them"?

Please tell us more about how you are judging answers correct or incorrect; and check whether you copied the problem correctly. Is it still impossible to show us the original?
They as in whoever made the problem. Pretty sure my teacher doesn't make them. First is my answer, second is the answer I copied from the board (we are sometimes given the results to check our answers). I can guarantee I copied it exactly since I was very careful. I was curious whether somehow my expression could be transformed into the second one? That way I would have the correct answer just not in the exact form.

I was curious whether somehow my expression could be transformed into the second one?
Nope. My only thought is that there may be a typo in the problem statement but I can't see what it would be.

-Dan

The questions was to find the derivative of the following function. I checked my answer using wolfram and it's correct. So how did they get this answer? Is there some ln property I am not aware of. Squaring ln3 could not just be a typo. View attachment 32582
I ran your question through SymPy, and SymPy agrees with your answers. I think your teacher has been outvoted by Wolfram and SymPy :)