derivatives are making me CRAZY!!

hannah96

I have been working on this ALL day and it's driving me crazy:mad:!! I was wondering if anyone would be able to try and help me figure it out. I am really just drawing a blank... Here it is:

(a.) find an equation in terms of x for the slope of the line that passes through the points (x,y) and (pi/2, 1) on the graph of y=sin x. Call this function of x the slope function.

(b.) Graph the slope function on a graphing calculator - I know how to do this one.

(c.) Approximate to one decimal place the limit of the slope function as x approaches (pi/2) by using the trace feature or the table feature of a graphing calculator

(d.) evaluate dy/dx as x approaches pi/2 for the function y =sin x

Thank you for any and all help.
Hannah

I have been working on this ALL day and it's driving me crazy:mad:!! I was wondering if anyone would be able to try and help me figure it out. I am really just drawing a blank... Here it is:

(a.) find an equation in terms of x for the slope of the line that passes through the points (x,y) and (pi/2, 1) on the graph of y=sin x. Call this function of x the slope function.

(b.) Graph the slope function on a graphing calculator - I know how to do this one.

(c.) Approximate to one decimal place the limit of the slope function as x approaches (pi/2) by using the trace feature or the table feature of a graphing calculator

(d.) evaluate dy/dx as x approaches pi/2 for the function y =sin x

Thank you for any and all help.
Hannah

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

I was just in the process of typing what I had done so far and then it clicked. I figured it out! Thanks for indirectly helping me! :p I will be back!